MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
"The firewall argument hinges on one of the weirder aspects of quantum physics, the action called entanglement. As Einstein, Boris Podolsky and Nathan Rosen pointed out in 1935, quantum theory predicts that a pair of particles can be connected in such a way that measuring a property of one — its direction of spin, say — will immediately affect the results of measuring the other one, even if it is light-years away. "

This could as well explain "spirituality" and other types of connections :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Well, I was not really talking about religion...

I used to be an avid sci-fi reader and one of the books I read presented the most wonderful idea. In reality (the author's reality) all matter is connected forming an universal "brain" where every information is collated. That way, everything we think of and every action that we take is purposeful and adds to the whole.

Well, I was not really talking about religion...

I used to be an avid sci-fi reader and one of the books I read presented the most wonderful idea. In reality (the author's reality) all matter is connected forming an universal "brain" where every information is collated. That way, everything we think of and every action that we take is purposeful and adds to the whole.

Stephen Hawking says universe not created by God | Science | The Guardian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Foundation_universe
Greek creation myths

Has anyone checked the models in those simulations for accuracy?

As a class-A push-pull buffer, THD will be sensitive to bias depending on loading. The output transistors will be hotter, so will have more bias than the drivers depending on thermal coupling. There should be an optimal bias zone for higher loads, while cascode effectiveness will account for distortion at low loading. Due to the inputs being cascoded, it may oscillate if the input is not decoupled well.

My computer crashed, so I can't see the schematics unless someone posts an image.

About the phase of harmonics: It is either 0 degrees or 180 degrees from the fundamental (depending on topology and polarity), unless the harmonic is frequency-dependent. A harmonic that rises with frequency will lead the fundamental. A harmonic that falls with frequency will lag the fundamental.

If you have multiple frequency-dependent distortions interacting you can get mid-phase harmonics like 30 degrees or 150 degrees during transition across corner frequencies.

Thanks for contemplating. Someone will find out what happened.
I already see that i can get the best result when the idle in the input BJTs is the same then the idle in the output BJts.
Ramping up from 1.5ma to 6mA did not make much of a diffence until i really crank it.
Then 2nd goes up and third goes down.
I measure with 10kohm load and up to 1V only though.
I am generally more interested in the low level performance anyway.
As a workhouse we have the Calvin buffer anyway, that can also be loaded down tremendoes.
Your buffer does a great job too but i get the distortion minimum at a different setting then you predicted.
As a feed forward buffer i resoned that it could even cancel the distortion in my Quant Asylum at some point.
The phase of the harmonics matter too.