MPP

Here, a single ended version.

Attachments

• clamped cascode.gif
    clamped cascode.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 397
To be honest Jose`, that constant current source is not that good with one pair of Fets at the input. The resistors R3, R8 are only 0,65V / 0.008A = 81,25 Ohm. That is a bit too low for optimum noise suppression. With two red Leds instead of the second transistor it would be 2 x 1,4V - 0,65V = 2,15V / 0,008A = 268,75 Ohm. That is better and does not add noise from the current source. That Led current source has a somewhat lower output impedance though because you loose the feedback action of the two transistors.

Adding a Led, a transdiode or a diode into the emitters of T6, T8, you can raise the value of R3, R8 too. There are other ways. I think Elviee had a thread about constant current sources. He compared so many circuits that even i lost oversight. As far as i remember, a
simple Fet with resistor was hard to beat in output resistance. If this is the best solution for this circuit concerning noise injection i can not tell. I never tried it.

I see it.

Joachim,

It's clear, I want to do things that are not quite favorable to this circuit.
That CCS is one of them and the other thought I had was to split R11 in two R's and connect a servo to that point.

I need to wait a bit until I finish the other circuit and then I'll go experimenting with this one.

Need to go to bed now, I have to get up at 7 :D

Audio electronics is addictive ;) and even worst if you are designing them, yummy yummy !

Cheers,

Audiofanatic ;)

I have worked a bit on the latest circuit. It has now a very low noise current source with a bias servo. After a lot of Fet buffers here is a high impedance BJT diamond buffer. I think a conventional diamond would not have a high enough input impedance to be usable with the rather high impedance RIIA. I am still contemplating how to set up the driven folded cascode. One way would be a TL341 plus a constant current source.

Attachments

• Folded Driven Cascode Transimpedance Phono 2.0.TSC - TINA.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 220
LISA III

Hi Joachim,

I found the schematic of the LISA III not the two but I don't know if I may post it on the forum.
I'll send it straight to you in a few minutes. And if the moderators say it's prohibited than I will not post it on the forum.
I got it from a customer that had a problem with it and wanted modifications from top to bottom. I sounds (after mod's) amazingly good and clear.

Cheers,

José ;)