Morpheus ultra low THD

Do you have a schematic of your preferred implementation? Its an open forum.
Yes, I have. and I can even share. But because If you are involved in development yourself, then it will not be difficult for you to decipher this amplifier topogram.
With this development, there was no goal to achieve ultra-high parameters and ultra-low distortion. Here there is only linearity in the operating frequency band.
Key Features:
*linearity of the input differential cascade
*no correction in local feedback
*output power 240 watts 4 ohms
*smooth sine wave limitation during clip
*open loop gain 135dB
*stability margin 60 degrees
*unity gain frequency 2MHz

If you are interested, you can model it yourself and find out the weak and strong points from your point of view.

Attachments

• HIFI.jpg
    HIFI.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Here's the fun part about these designs , most of them are over 30 years old and luckily diyers keep these designs alive with tweaks here and there. That means that the thought process of the engineers then and now hasn't changed and they did come up with pretty good designs that powered the music and entertainment industry back then.

How is Morpheus different ?

Thanks for sharing. Here's the fun part about these designs , most of them are over 30 years old and luckily diyers keep these designs alive with tweaks here and there. That means that the thought process of the engineers then and now hasn't changed
I think somewhat differently, on the contrary, it is new knowledge and new thinking that makes it possible to support these projects. 30 years ago this scheme would have looked different to me, maybe like Morpheus from the first post
How is Morpheus different ?
This question is not for me but for the author of the diagram from the 1st post.
my opinion is that it is more linear.

Last edited:
Известно, что CFP более линеен на высоких частотах, это основа вашей позиции?
oh, that’s right, I was so busy increasing the linearity of the input stages that I didn’t even notice that there is an CFP stage at the output, although, if we take into account that in this stage the output power transistors are outside the thermal control zone and therefore the multiple-time heating of their crystals has a lesser effect on their parameters, then I probably agree with you that this is very good for amplifying sound.
Then on that basis your correct, you've got a good amp there.
thank you, I have not yet met people who, without hearing how the amplifier sounds, claim that it is good; as a rule, everyone only praises their own.
Ok.

While we are on our discourse, it might be worthwhile to ask ourselves why the P3A is not a push over despite no cascode in the LTP nor VAS and no ripple eaters.
Do you mean Rod Elliot's scheme for beginner radio amateurs?
Is there any solution there to increase the linearity of transistor stages in the P3A amplifier?
Or do you think that an amplifier can only be judged by its output stage?
Is a quasi-complementary output stage a high-end breakthrough solution?
Wow...

Reactions: 1 user
A summary of 50% of the content at diyaudio
Do we need cascodes in an audio amplifier if a miller capacitor will be eventually used, lets assume we aren't concerned about VCEO and HFE. Should we then use a Wilson current mirror instead or is the feedback up to task? That's just how things are. We want to believe one way but reality is another way.

Do we need cascodes in an audio amplifier if a miller capacitor will be eventually used, lets assume we aren't concerned about VCEO and HFE.
A very interesting question, and what will the author of the amplifier from the 1st post answer to this?
I don’t use capacitors for Miller correction precisely because of the increased linearity of the circuit and many other reasons....

Would you rather have this or would you rather have Morpheus? Essentially these amplifiers are the same, would one tell them apart in an AB test? Note the transparent 2nd stage of this four stage amplifier. These amplifiers are the same, which is the better amplifier?
Same goal.png

Would you rather have this or would you rather have Morpheus?
strange question - something like what is better, an apple or a carrot?
Essentially these amplifiers are the same, would one tell them apart in an AB test?
Yes.
Note the transparent 2nd stage of this four stage amplifier.
why four? , I only see 3 cascades.
These amplifiers are the same, which is the better amplifier?
better/worse is not correct, each listener has his own preferences. In a blind test, yes, you can subjectively choose one thing))).