Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hello. I installed Moode audio on raspberry 3B+ yesterday in Wifi mode. I works well with the USB audio files.
A stupid question: Moode is connected in Wifi on the mood network. So how is it possible to heat Internet radio : Moode isn't connected to Internet !

I assume you're connected in AP mode, the address you see in your browser is 172.24.1.1? If so, go to the configure menu,(tap/click on the "M" at the top right of the MoOde screen. Go to Network page and click on SCAN next to the SSID box, after a short time open the dropdown menu in the SSID box, you should see your home network in the list, select that. Now enter your password, go to the top of screen and save. Click on the M again and reboot. On your computer/phone whatever you're using reconnect to your home network, search connected devices and you'll find MoOde, continue to configure MoOde to suit your system.
For future reference, the MoOde forum has moved to Moode Forum . Better to ask any further questions there.

Happy Listening
Ian

Hello. I installed Moode audio on raspberry 3B+ yesterday in Wifi mode. I works well with the USB audio files.
A stupid question: Moode is connected in Wifi on the mood network. So how is it possible to heat Internet radio : Moode isn't connected to Internet !

I agree with BackInBlack, you should use the Moode forum, or for basic information click the little M in the upper right-hand corner and in the drop down select the following:

Configure -> System

Then once again click the M for another drop down:

About -> Setup guide -> View guide

Hi, moOde 6.5.2 is available for download :) This release includes important bug fixes and updates.

Visit the Forum for more information.
moOde 6.5.2 is available

Attachments

• moode-r600.png
    moode-r600.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 479
Hi, i have the following issue.
I have connected a touchscreen to moode 6.42 , but when the touchscreen is enabled and operational, there is noise in the music being played.
the raspberry i use is 2b, around 35-40% of the resources are used when the touchscreen is connected.
if I try it on raspberry 4 will i have the same issue?are there minimal hardware requirements for the touchscreen?

Hi, i have the following issue.
I have connected a touchscreen to moode 6.42 , but when the touchscreen is enabled and operational, there is noise in the music being played.
the raspberry i use is 2b, around 35-40% of the resources are used when the touchscreen is connected.
if I try it on raspberry 4 will i have the same issue?are there minimal hardware requirements for the touchscreen?

Hi, You should ask the question over on the MoOde forum. This thread is really now redundant. Go to: Moode Forum
Good Luck
Ian

I was given a pi2 in the early days of marshal law. The dacs I have are in preamps which do not have usb input so....my test step up is pi2 hdmi out to toshiba tv->tv toslink out to preamp.

Installed and running in an hour I have had great performance and stability especially considering my wonky configuration....a single issue, trivial and unimportant, if I enable the onscreen display in my tv/dac setup the pi hard crashes. Pi2 issue I think.

I have a pi zero w, for a more permanent setup I am thinking a dac+ zero hat with the pi zero. Any additional input on which pi zero dac hat works best with moode?

I've spent four days trying to get moode working on raspberry pi 4 with Allo boss dac, I add the config txt and power up for first boot, no problems WiFi on working as expected. Now once I add the boss dac and reboot, it powers back up with an AP hotspot. Even if I disable/delete the AP function via console it won't recognise the WiFi.

I've tried with volumio which won't logon to my WiFi, just creates an AP though it works with a dongle. Also I tried rune, sees the WiFi but after entering the password results in failed to connect, doesn't work on dongle either.

The pi 4 model b is rev 1.1 as supplied by Allo last week.

Unfortunately I can't post on the Moode forum as I've not received the verification email, I've tried resending, still not received on my Hotmail account, I also tried Gmail without any luck either and sent a message to the mods, still no luck.

Can anyone advise at all?

@stefan66 It's very likely a set-up problem... You're saying >, one does not need to add any config text. Download the latest MoOde iso file, install it on a quality uSD card and follow the SETUP GUIDE: moode/setup.txt at master * moode-player/moode * GitHub

I think you may have misunderstood, I needed to add the config txt as in the set up guide and it works, it stops working as soon as I reboot after adding the DAC, the boss player was supplied direct from Allo, though I was expecting a pi 3 b, not a pi 4. I've found a couple of potential fixes to try on the raspberry pi forum, unfortunately we're at the tail end of a cyclone and no electricity.

@stefan66

My advice has been based on your supplied information. So... from the SETUP GUIDE:

<< 1. CONFIGURE FOR WIFI CONNECTION
- Ethernet mode
a) Leave eth cable connected
b) Insert wifi adapter (while Pi running)
c) Nymeria
d) Menu, Configure, Network
e) Configure a wifi connection
f) Menu, Power, Shutdown
g) Unplug eth cable
h) Power on >>

and

<< AP mode starts automatically when:
(a) WiFi SSID is set to 'None' in Network config and there is no Ethernet connection
(b) WiFi SSID is defined but no IP address was assigned by DHCP. This typically
occurs when connection to the SSID fails. >>

Start the setup with a simple configuration and test it over a period time:
1. the RPi should not be installed (YET) in a case if it is made of metal
2. ethernet ONLY connection and NO HAT configured (audio OUT from RPi Headphone Out port)
3. configure the WiFi connect and test as above with several reboots
4. once the tests show positive results you can start introducing elements of your target configuration ONE BY ONE (case, HAT, etc)

I fail to see a config text requirement in the SETUP GUIDE indicated by moodeaudio.org ( moode/setup.txt at master * moode-player/moode * GitHub )

~~~ unfortunately we're at the tail end of a cyclone and no electricity ~~~
This fact complicates your attempt to get a correct configuration of your RPi/Boss HAT combo and I am sorry to hear about this...

@stefan66

I fail to see a config text requirement in the SETUP GUIDE indicated by moodeaudio.org ( moode/setup.txt at master * moode-player/moode * GitHub )

~~~ unfortunately we're at the tail end of a cyclone and no electricity ~~~
This fact complicates your attempt to get a correct configuration of your RPi/Boss HAT combo and I am sorry to hear about this...

From Line 173 in the setup guide,

"##########################################
# Copy this file to /boot/moodecfg.txt
# It will be processed at startup and the
# system will automaticly Restart.
#
# All param=value pairs must be present.
# Set wlanssid= blank to start AP mode.
# Example: wlanssid=
##########################################

[names]
hostname=moode
browsertitle=moOde Player
airplayname=Moode Airplay
spotifyname=Moode Spotify
bluetoothname=Moode Bluetooth
squeezelitename=Moode
upnpname=Moode UPNP
dlnaname=Moode DLNA
mpdzeroconf=Moode MPD

[services]
airplaysvc=0
upnpsvc=0
dlnasvc=0

[network]
wlanssid=MySSID
wlansec=wpa
wlanpwd=MyPassword
wlancountry=US
apdssid=Moode
apdchan=6
apdpwd=moodeaudio

[other]
timezone=America/Detroit
themename=Default
accentcolor=Emerald"

I have been using moode for a number of years and have never added any thing to /boot/moodecfg.txt for a stanndard setup for a pi plus dac.

for WiFi

Configuration, Network

Set address to DHCP, press SSID scan button, select your network, set Security and enter your WiFi password, set country id.

Save settings, Pull out your Ethernet cable, reboot pi and you should be up and running.

Last edited:
Hi Stefan,
You are quite right that the moodecfg.txt can be edited as per the set up guide. It saves quite a few steps in system and network set up after first boot and avoids using the AP.
I seem to recall others have had problems with Pi4 and Allo, but you'll need to search the Forum when you get access. Shouldn't really take too long. Take it you've checked spam folders etc.....