Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I don't believe so. You are limited to Volumio, or DietPi. The Sparky SBC never had the take up that Allo thought it might.

It works very well on Dietpi, with an MPD based player, or as a Roon endpoint. I use mine with Dietpi, as a Squeezelite player; it works very well.

I don’t want to use another system to as an roon endpoint, i just want to use as earlier.
I like moode than volumio, so looking for the help :)

Regards

Hi Tim,

I was using raspberry pi 3B+ with moode audio till date and recently sold out raspberry pi and got an Usbridge (old one).
After purchasing came to know that i have to use it only with volumio, is there any possibility to use moodeaudio with sparky?

Regards

If you head on to the OFFICIAL Moode web site moodeaudio.org you could find out from the first few lines on the Home page this comment:
<< moOde audio player

Audiophile-quality music playback for the wonderful Raspberry Pi family of single board computers.

>>
Sorry for stating the obvious, Allo's SPARKY is NOT part of Raspberry Pi family. Also from the Moode's Home page you can access the OFFICIAL Moode forum (which is not the one you've posted your problem...

Hi Tim,

I was using raspberry pi 3B+ with moode audio till date and recently sold out raspberry pi and got an Usbridge (old one).
After purchasing came to know that i have to use it only with volumio, is there any possibility to use moodeaudio with sparky?

Regards

Hi,

As others have mentioned, the official moOde release is specifically designed and optimized to run on the Raspberry Pi family of SBC's including the new Allo USBridge Signature which is a Raspberry Pi CM3+ based Audiophile platform :)

Some users have also reported running moOde on the OrangePi board but our project only provides end-user support for moOde running on Raspberry Pi.

-Tim

I just installed the latest Moode version and ran it. The sound is fantastic, no doubt about that.

However, there is an annoying buzzing that starts and remains throughout, when you play a MP3 or WAV file. If you set the volume to 1, you can hear it clearly over the music. You can also hear it in quiet passages when volume is higher.

I wonder if there is a solution for this?

Hi,

moOde release 6.4.0 is available for download :)

Visit the moOde Forum for more information moOde 6.4.0 is available

-Tim

Attachments

• moode-r600.png
    moode-r600.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 632
Hi to all.
Does MoOde supports Tidal ?
Yes, but you must you a program outside it to control Tidal.
I use MconnectHD app on ipad and BubbleUPnP app on my android phone.
These are the best apps I have found for free or small fee. I have tried many apps. Moode can be used to play back any music stored on a hard drive and is used to interface with these programs. Moode is run on a Raspberry Pi.
There are other apps available. Roon is one that audiophiles like, but it has a hefty yearly fee.

Yes, but you must you a program outside it to control Tidal.
I use MconnectHD app on ipad and BubbleUPnP app on my android phone.
These are the best apps I have found for free or small fee. I have tried many apps. Moode can be used to play back any music stored on a hard drive and is used to interface with these programs. Moode is run on a Raspberry Pi.
There are other apps available. Roon is one that audiophiles like, but it has a hefty yearly fee.

Hi, I'm a new member of the forum, do you know if Tidal has a program running in its application like spotify connect? ?

No, not really. There are some workarounds.
- Using something like MConnect you can play tidal via protocols that Moode already understands, but you are not using the tidal app, but connecting your tidal account to the mconnect "plugin"
- you can stream via AirPlay (if using iOS) to the Moode player
- you can go a more expensive route and use Roon, which does have a renderer you can install in the rpi and then connect tidal to Roon.

This last option holds all the advantages but is the priciest one at this point.

Hi,

Upcoming moOde 6.4.2 will include a nice update to the Allo enhanced ASIX USB/Ethernet driver for the USBridge SIG. The version 2.0.0 driver addresses compatibility issues with some network switches.
Mate, absolute love Moode and have been using it for ages. Tried to donate on your site but couldnt get it work. Would you post a link to the donate section. Ill try again.

Will Moode facilitate play / stream from an Android phone to multiple end points say six? I have tried many Chromecast alternatives that requires the streaming reside in one of the endpoints.

I am infering it does via upnp bit maybe that is incorrect.

Really looking for a way to get off Chromecast, but I like the grouping ability and zoning (don't like having to be connected to the internet).

moOde release 6.4.2 is available for download :)

This release includes important bug fixes and improvements including a bump to Linux kernel 4.19.97 and a bump to Allo enhanced ASIX USB/Ethernet driver v2.0.0 for the USBridge SIG that addresses compatibility issues with some network switches.

Visit the moOde Forum for more information.
moOde 6.4.2 is available

Attachments

• moode-r600.png
    moode-r600.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 563
Anyone have a solution for popping noise at the start of any playback and in-between all songs played through Spotify Connect?

My hardware: Pi3, HifiBerry DAC+ v2.0, SURE AA-AB009 amp.

I also have a Sabre 9023 DAC and this is not a problem. Some thing to do with the TI 5022 chip, I assume. Thanks for any feedback!