Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Thanks Tim, my moOde 3.5 diy build works fine [emoji1]
fbe582faaaafc812b744cc7352df1420.jpg

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Redmi Note 4 發送

Looks great!
Any chance you can share the technical details? What controls what? How it's connected? What's the code behind?

I've been looking for a similar solution for myself, but never got the code working 100% as desired.

Thanks in advance!

Well, my rpi b+ still works better with standard kernel. Much less pops compared to other kernels. Realtime kernel is worst in my setup. I have a usb xmos based dac with ess xabre.

Wysłane z mojego 2014811 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi,

Pi-1B should work fine. I have a couple and no issues with an JDS Labs ODAC.

Try the USB (UAC2) fix on System config.

-Tim

Moode Audio Player 3.5 is running smooth - one problem

Hello, I'm using Release 3.5 with the following:
  • Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
  • Allo Boss DAC
  • Sandisk Ultra microSDXC 256 GB
  • FLAC files from 44.1 .. 192 kHz / 16 .. 24 bit

Moode Audio Player is running smooth .. but only with "Advanced-LL" Linux kernel!
"Advanced-RT" kernel hangs up 2 times during copying files to SD-card. No chance to do something like reboot etc, completly dead .. power off was only way to bring Moode Player back to run .. hm ..

But "Advanced-LL" Linux kernel seems to run stable ... so far ..

Hi,

Pi-1B should work fine. I have a couple and no issues with an JDS Labs ODAC.

Try the USB (UAC2) fix on System config.

-Tim
Yes, I tryed. The first thing I done is uac fix. On Rt kernel noticed very high CPU load and music slowdowns with lot of clicks and pops. On LL kernel no slowdowns but quite a lot clicks. Only standard kernel plays perfectly.
BTW, some time ago I've try latest kernel for rpi (4.9 or something) and noticed the same clicks and slowdowns as Rt kernel.

Wysłane z mojego 2014811 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi Tim et al,

If I purchase a key for 3.5, I assume afterwards the system can be updated from the menu or via apt-get?
(Do you advise apt-get update/upgrade at all?)

Thanks, Peter

I tried apt-get update / apt-get dist-upgrade and it broke Moode 3.5.

Which is a shame as I'd like to keep all modules up to date with security patches where possible.

Worked fine in Moode 3.1 on my Pi Zero / Zero W.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Tim et al,

If I purchase a key for 3.5, I assume afterwards the system can be updated from the menu or via apt-get?

Thanks, Peter

If you purchase a key, it unlocks the download zip of 3.5. There is currently no menu update or apt-get update for 3.5. You will have to unzip and load the new 3.5 image to an SD card.

Ian

I imagine this has been drowned by 3.5 hype :) so I hope someone can help with this. Thanks and sorry for upping.

Hi everybody,

I am enjoying Moode audio with a Collybia Mamboplayer (Raspberry PI3 + Mamboberry LS DAC+).

I would like to connect my bluetooth headphones to the player and I looked around the internet to find an easy way to do it, without success. I also looked in the first place at this forum but I did not find any understandable guide.

Could you please direct me anywhere for a solution? Unfortunately I am not a master of programming but I am willing to try if there is a step by step guide anywhere.

Thanks very much in advance

Hello, I'm using Release 3.5 with the following:
  • Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
  • Allo Boss DAC
  • Sandisk Ultra microSDXC 256 GB
  • FLAC files from 44.1 .. 192 kHz / 16 .. 24 bit

Moode Audio Player is running smooth .. but only with "Advanced-LL" Linux kernel!
"Advanced-RT" kernel hangs up 2 times during copying files to SD-card. No chance to do something like reboot etc, completly dead .. power off was only way to bring Moode Player back to run .. hm ..

But "Advanced-LL" Linux kernel seems to run stable ... so far ..

Hi Tom,

The Advanced kernels are of course experimental and may not work well in all usage scenarios and configs, but glad to hear that LL + Boss is working ok.

-Tim

Hi Tim et al,

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

Major releases $10, maybe 2 of these a year. In-place updates, new kernels, bug fixes, minor feature adds, etc $0. Something like that.

Wrt apt upgrade/update/dist-upgrade, I should mention that moodeOS + Moode Audio Player are an integrated system with a specific OS and application configuration including specific versions of all the component pieces, all designed to work well together.

moodeOS is based on the 2016-03-18 Raspbian Jessie-Lite release and generally, apt-get update/upgrade will work fine. I've done it myself on Moode 3.5 just to see if there would be any issues.

I haven't performed a dist-upgrade because in practice, moving moodeOS to a newer release of Raspbian requires starting with the new release and then building moodeOS up from that using a build recipe. Then integration test everything!

A dist-upgrade will probably cause breakage.

-Tim

Hi All!

I'm enjoying MoOde 3.5 and have made some sound tests today. To me- Advanced RT Kernel with FIFO time scheduling impresses most in balance, transparency, impulse, timing and texture.

I'm using Pi3 with a Soekris 1021 DAM. Differences are subtle, but relevant.
'Poorest' performance is delivered by Standard Kernel with TS time scheduler. Advanced LL-Kernel doesn't perform significantly better.

This impressions are- of course- subjective.

What I have recognized in addition:

AP-mode is not shown as 'not in use' in network config when turned off, but it seems to be out of function- not reachable- may be just a visualization-problem? (advanced RT configuration).

In 'System Info' Upnp Renderer is shown as 'Off' despite enabling.

Would be really good to be sure, that Pi3's internal WIFI/bluetooth- modules are out of function when disabled-for maximum SQ.

Inability to save playlists has been mentioned allready. To me a must- for quick access to this way stored favorite Radio Stations.

I'm sure, that all will be good in the end;-)

In general a wonderful piece of software for a minimum amount of bucks- I nearly enjoyed my paypal-transaction:)

Thanx for that, Tim!

Hi All!

I'm enjoying MoOde 3.5 and have made some sound tests today. To me- Advanced RT Kernel with FIFO time scheduling impresses most in balance, transparency, impulse, timing and texture.

I'm using Pi3 with a Soekris 1021 DAM. Differences are subtle, but relevant.
'Poorest' performance is delivered by Standard Kernel with TS time scheduler. Advanced LL-Kernel doesn't perform significantly better.

This impressions are- of course- subjective.

What I have recognized in addition:

AP-mode is not shown as 'not in use' in network config when turned off, but it seems to be out of function- not reachable- may be just a visualization-problem? (advanced RT configuration).

In 'System Info' Upnp Renderer is shown as 'Off' despite enabling.

Would be really good to be sure, that Pi3's internal WIFI/bluetooth- modules are out of function when disabled-for maximum SQ.

Inability to save playlists has been mentioned allready. To me a must- for quick access to this way stored favorite Radio Stations.

I'm sure, that all will be good in the end;-)

In general a wonderful piece of software for a minimum amount of bucks- I nearly enjoyed my paypal-transaction:)

Thanx for that, Tim!

LOL "I nearly enjoyed my paypal-transaction"

I'll investigate: In 'System Info' Upnp Renderer is shown as 'Off' despite enabling.

Below is current bugfix list and status. The fixes will be released soon as as in-place update.

- FIXED: I2S device list query
- FIXED: Playlist save not working
- FIXED: DSD decoded-to on Audioconfig
- FIXED: Wifi/BT disable not working if Adv kernel
- FIXED: Change Browser title not working
- OPEN: AIFF id3 tags not showing up (this is an MPD issue)

-Tim