LuDEF

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
use datasheet of 2SK2145 to decipher approprite connection of bottom pins of test socket

then solder it to piece of veroboard, and use it as pcb for everything else

I included small relay as functional switch for JFet circuit simply because that is best option - certainly much better quality of switch than any manually operated taster or switch; there - every additional Ohm counts, and manual switches are too "dirty" for that small range of currents

then, shown "manual switch" for entire test circuit - I started with taster there, then realized that is stupid to use my digit to keep taster pressed for 15-20-30 secs, as much is needed to see mA numbers on DMM settling to final value

if you don't have handy 12-15Vdc supply, just include 7812 reg in front of everything, then you can use even your laptop supply as main PSU

Attachments

• 2SK2145BL testing.jpg
    2SK2145BL testing.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 161
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
it depends of matching purpose

say - for triplets I'm using in buffers - I'm content with having all 3 in 0.5mA ........that difference being further diminished when JFets are actually biased in circuit to significantly lower Iq than their Idss is

for 2+2 I'm using in LTP - I'm keeping them in same bracket (0.5mA), but then I'm combining them to have closest sum of twos

rough example :
10mA, 11mA, 12mA, 13mA

then 10mA and 13mA are used for one LTP side, 11mA and 12mA used for other side of LTP

trick stolen from Pa

if I tell you from which exact circ, I would need to shoot you

:rofl:

ZM Thanks for the diagram, unfortunately I am missing some components (voltage regulators) and I need to finish the project as soon as possible, I used the dca pro 75 from atlas peak, I was able to select two quartets with intervals of 0.06 mA, the first quartet goes from 4.10 - 4.14 - 4.14 - 4.16 and the second quartet goes from 4.22 - 4.23 - 4.26 - 4.27 mA. better than this I could not do. Thank you for helping me. :worship:

it depends of matching purpose

say - for triplets I'm using in buffers - I'm content with having all 3 in 0.5mA ........that difference being further diminished when JFets are actually biased in circuit to significantly lower Iq than their Idss is

for 2+2 I'm using in LTP - I'm keeping them in same bracket (0.5mA), but then I'm combining them to have closest sum of twos

rough example :
10mA, 11mA, 12mA, 13mA

then 10mA and 13mA are used for one LTP side, 11mA and 12mA used for other side of LTP

trick stolen from Pa

if I tell you from which exact circ, I would need to shoot you

:rofl:
Happy New Year!
Thanks for the input on matching. I got my adapter for the SOT-25(6) package and if Mouser keeps their word I should be getting a stash of 2SK2145 to start matching soon.

In the meantime I have been working on Spice sims of the FE and OS. The FE is pretty straight forward except for a model of the 2SK2145. Do you have one or know who does that is willing to share?

On the OS using 24v rails (not 22.5) it seem that I can get by with a 4u/300 heatsink from Gianluca keeping the sink in the mid to upper 50s. The big heater is the IRFP9140 with the IRFP240 just behind. LU1014 is cruising along with out much of a sweat.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I didn't have need to play with 2SK2145 in sims, but for few LTS musings I made, I was using pair of 2SK170 instead

4U/300 is OK< according to fact that many Greedy Boyz are using the same

I prefer 4U/400 from several reasons - Gianluca is selling more expensive item, I'm having better 'sinks and - of same importance - more space inside for more optimized arrangement of things inside

especially with amps having autoformer, space between signal xformer and mains Donut is critical ......... and I'm lazy, always resorting to easier solution :)

I finished LuDEF last night. All voltages have been adjusted smoothly and are stable, very quiet. I really like how they sound and I would like to use them in an active 3-way open baffle speaker system. Can you tell me, please, what preamp gain it needs to get maximum power?
Thank you .

Attachments

• 20220127_132750.jpg
    20220127_132750.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 107