• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

Joined 2023
Paid Member
Hello there,

I'm finalising the wolverine amp working on the PSU's. Ordered the crc psu at pcbway designed by Prasi which is the one without the Lt4320
Is there anyone who can source these boards with the dual die mosfets?...I believe it was @xrk970 who posted it a while back.
thx in advance

willem

1682750425251.png

Joined 2023
Paid Member
Hello Gents,..I know it has been discussed a lot and the topic might be getting oldish. I've pretty much read all the posts. Just wanted to assure these specs. I'm running 2 transformers with each 2 secondaries of 42 VAC . So 4 rectifiers. A while back xrk970 tested these.

Advised in this thread would be Vgs of >2 volt ierecommended between 2.5 and 4 volt. would that potentially cause any problems? I will test it and see what happens but some adice would be helpfull.

SQJQ910EL-T1_GE3​

Number of Channels:2 Channel
Vds - Drain-Source Breakdown Voltage:100 V
Id - Continuous Drain Current:70 A
Rds On - Drain-Source Resistance:8.6 mOhms
Vgs - Gate-Source Voltage:- 20 V, + 20 V
Vgs th - Gate-Source Threshold Voltage:2 V
Qg - Gate Charge:46 nC

Joined 2023
Paid Member
A possible alternative is this one. But with 228 AC and unknown fluctuations and 42x1.41= 59 volt to close ofr comfort.

SQJB00EP-T1_GE3​

Vds - Drain-Source Breakdown Voltage:60 V
Id - Continuous Drain Current:30 A
Rds On - Drain-Source Resistance:10.5 mOhms
Vgs th - Gate-Source Threshold Voltage:2.5 V
Qg - Gate Charge:35 nC

... You're looking to get 60V from these!

likely also limiting yourself on the max value of the MLCC output snubbing cap. For a12V rectifier I found a 16V 47uF cap to be the remedy to the FETs ringing.

Be careful with ultra low Rds On FETs, they will likely ring unless damped. I found the small lytic to be useless in this role.

You'll need to check in circuit with your scope

Hello Gents,..I know it has been discussed a lot and the topic might be getting oldish. I've pretty much read all the posts. Just wanted to assure these specs. I'm running 2 transformers with each 2 secondaries of 42 VAC . So 4 rectifiers. A while back xrk970 tested these.

Advised in this thread would be Vgs of >2 volt ierecommended between 2.5 and 4 volt. would that potentially cause any problems? I will test it and see what happens but some adice would be helpfull.

SQJQ910EL-T1_GE3​

Vds - Drain-Source Breakdown Voltage:100 V
Id - Continuous Drain Current:70 A
Rds On - Drain-Source Resistance:8.6 mOhms
Vgs th - Gate-Source Threshold Voltage:2 V
Qg - Gate Charge:46 nC
Hi,
you can use these mosfets, no problem.
regards
prasi

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hi Willem,

The SQJQ910EL-T1_GE3 is PowerPAK 8 x 8L Dual package size which will not fit the pcb you have.

SQJB00EP-T1_GE3 is the correct package size SO-8L Dual that fits Prasi's pcb.
Unfortunately, its out of stock 😫

An alternative that's in stock is: SQJ974EP-T1_GE3
Rds(on) is a bit higher, but should be ok.

sqj974ep.pdf

Joined 2023
Paid Member
I do have the Prasi board for the dual mosfet. Not the one on the forum.
Thing is ... I have 2 transformers with each 2 42vac sexondaries. The voltage the fets need to be able to endure is around 58 volts. Taking into account swings, margin etc... they need to be rate 80 volts minimim

Dear diy'ers.
I am making a CRC power supply- rectifier and smoothing cap combo. Getting back to finish my project after 3 months of side quests :)
Can you please have a look if my power supply is soldered correctly?
Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20230509_155138759.jpg
    PXL_20230509_155138759.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 130
  • PXL_20230509_155154701.jpg
    PXL_20230509_155154701.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 123
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hey Vox,
You have eliminated the ‘R’ by installing jumpers, you have straight CC psu now. I assume that's what you wanted?
Use the Quasimodo jig and O-scope to measure your trafo secondaries for the AC side snubber components. Don’t forget the 100nF film cap on the DC side.