• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LT4320 based active rectifier

@Sgaga
If intention is to make a compact layout without compromising the max. current/voltage rating, there have been such designs, such as this one:
All SMD Ideal Bridge
However I can't answer your question about which 4-channel MOSFET would be suited to working with LT4320. As far as I learned from other members' research, beside the rated Idmax, Vds, and Rds-on, a high-ish Vth is desirable for a MOSFET to work properly with LT4320. The MOSFET CSD19531Q5A in the above example has a typ. Vth at 2.7V, not quite particularly high in the crowd but proven working with no issues. I'm not aware of a quad SMD MOSFET that would satisfy all these characteristics.

Just checking…this will not work as a substitute for the standard bridge rectifier in center tapped supplies, right?

Best,
Anand.
Anand,

the short answer is: NO!

Longer answer: Separate windings and rectification are required for each half of a symmetric supply and these are then "stacked" with their outputs to form the two Ground centered Voltages. Practical tests (years ago) yielded misfunction of the LT4320 due a MOSFET staying open when it should isolate. The LT4320 is designed for untapped windings!

In a PhonoPre power supply application I had to exchange the center tapped against a two secondary windings transformer, but the sound quality adavantages were worth it (at least to me and the owner).

Greetings,
Winfried

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
There IS one that'll work with a CT transformer from tvicol but it's not a simple thing at all - the current version of the HVHF (III) does high voltage too - the freight from middle Europe is a bit crazy at present - I think there's some new ones nearly ready that'll also do CT transformers too - the fets they use ae nearly "unobtainable" to us.

Hello Odie,
i have about 20 pairs of the smd lt4320 pcbs, enig finish. the following design
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/lt4320-based-active-rectifier.336572/post-6210152
Hi Prasi,

Sent you pm.
Hello Odie,
i have about 20 pairs of the smd lt4320 pcbs, enig finish. the following design
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/lt4320-based-active-rectifier.336572/post-6210152
Hi Prasi,
Please spare me for 2pairs for SMD board and 2 pairs for THT board. How much it that cost.? Please include the shipping charges.

Thanks,
odie