Leach clone, pretty good looking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess that the consensus as to the amp in need tilts towards the Leach super amp but that is up to everyone else. Personally I dont mind and would opt for anyone of the two as long as the power output is in the region of 200 -250 w or more at 8 ohms. Even though such power levels are overkills, nevertheless from my short experience, a high power amp is more versatile and is more likely to be useful for years to come than a smaller power one as evidenced by the Krells and the Levinsons of this world.

AS to the power transistor, I guess the choice is wide as long as it is readily available retaining the ability on the DIYer for stocking up should the need arise (more than likely)...

Do you have an estimate of a PCB cost of such a module with your markup?

pcb

I wouldnt mind super amp pcb either.I have many of the transisitors that are on the original parts list So I would prefer them but I like to buy stuff that sits in the garage for years too.Check out this site prices look good for pcb's but not sure of quality, I am gonna do some of the low tim amp ,when I get time to draw them up. http://www.custompcb.com hey Jen looked at some of your web pages , Nice work.You are gonna give engineers a bad name.The ones I work with here are clueless and cant even dream about using tools.You do really good work.

transistors

Hello , I am thinking of purchasing transistors in quantity.Would anyone be interested in getting some from me afterwards.I will not mark them.
Mj15003 and mj15004 pretty expensive 03 are 2.13$ in qty of 100 and 04 are 1.84 each per 100 so i am not getting them
price price price
mj15031 . 68 mj15030 .75 mpsa06 .03
mpsa56 .04 2n5416 .56 2n3439 .58

I would love to have the Super Leach with a "Made in Danmark" sticker.
Either TO3, TO247, TO218 or MT200 works for me.

I can even have someone picking them up at your frontdoor.

(Maybe in time even a Threshold SA4 PCB, think of all the possibilities. Calm down,read a book :clown: )

BTW : Did you guys know that the Danish are the happiest people in the world, maybe that is why they are so nice !

comments about this beast......

:angel:

it is really so rewarding to have been built a Leach.

my elder brother had just finished building one.

and still planning to built even more, I think for a 5.1 channel system

for his DVD.

actaully we have to thank Marshal Leach for his contributions:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Jens, I'm hoping for more updates and more modifications about this

amp.

Just keep it up.....

and pls. post them on your site......

:wave2:

more power,

hienrich

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.