Keantoken's Aurum-X 300w Amp with LatFETs

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You are kidding I hope?!

Wait a second, you were listening to music already? I would use a cheapo test speaker for initial tryouts unless you have a SSR protection. It’s been so long but I think that this amp has a built in SSR speaker protection so we’re you playing music very loud?

if you did fry your Wharfdale, sorry to hear that. Please tell us what happened in more detail.

Last edited:
What an exciting way to start!

I take it the amp still works at this point?

If you have trimmed R134 to be a low as it will go, then turn it on and adjust bias for 18mV across the source resistors as XRK showed in post #359.

It would also be interesting to check the variation of the source resistor voltages as that tells us about the variation in MOSFET gate voltage.

Hmm, it looks like we neglected the VAS current trimmer. This needs to be set before the bias is set. If there is no obvious malfunction then do this:

With the output bias all the way down, adjust the VAS trimmer until the collector of V132 is at 0V to ground.

Then raise the output stage bias to 18mV across a source resistor.

Hmm, it looks like we neglected the VAS current trimmer. This needs to be set before the bias is set. If there is no obvious malfunction then do this:

With the output bias all the way down, adjust the VAS trimmer until the collector of V132 is at 0V to ground.

Then raise the output stage bias to 18mV across a source resistor.
is this X117 labeled "VIAS bias adjustment" ? VAS current trimmer adjust collector of V132 is at 0V to ground.
This is X136 trimmed R134 to be a low as it will go, then turn it on and adjust bias for 18mV

Is R134 a typo don't you mean 136?

What about X111 labeled "VIAS adjustment"?

Measure across the large 0.22R BPR resistors. There are 6 measurements. They should all be similar and abiut 80mA each or 18mV across these resistors:
View attachment 1059257
On the Mezzanine board, measure across here:
View attachment 1059258
Okay
Measure across the large 0.22R BPR resistors. There are 6 measurements. They should all be similar about 18mV across these

What about R147 and R146? What am i looking and how would i adjust?

Yes, I meant R136 for the bias adjustment. The VAS current adjustment is X111 and should be near V109.

CX117 is NOT the VAS bias trimmer, but the LTP offset trimmer. Do we have a better schematic?

Sorry for the delay, DIYaudio stopped sending me notifications randomly again...