John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my schematic which AFAIK shows how it actually works.

As far as I can tell, your model is exactly what I am thinking about. PMA's model is so far over my head that I can't tell what he is exactly doing.

There are more ways, in principle, how to get the same result. My first attempt, several days ago, was with simple sum and subtract elements. Now attached is an equivalent, it does the same thing as Keantoken's. I needed to confirm what JN tries to achieve, then it was possible to make a model. Upper trace is an acoustical output (directivity of cone not included), lower trace is the voltage across Re, for voltage drive.

Edit: the problem is that if I put a nonlinearity to mechanical side (behind the gyrator), the circuit is not able to make a correction. It is, again, equivalent to a current drive.

Attachments

• jn_drive3.png
    jn_drive3.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
There are more ways, in principle, how to get the same result. My first attempt, several days ago, was with simple sum and subtract elements. Now attached is an equivalent, it does the same thing as Keantoken's. I needed to confirm what JN tries to achieve, then it was possible to make a model. Upper trace is an acoustical output (directivity of cone not included), lower trace is the voltage across Re, for voltage drive.

Edit: the problem is that if I put a nonlinearity to mechanical side (behind the gyrator), the circuit is not able to make a correction. It is, again, equivalent to a current drive.
What is R2. When the gyrator pulls non linear current, how do the voice coils see that current? It looks like it can disturb the drive voltage of the drive coil , bu I do not understand your choices. Can you explain please.

Jn

Status
Not open for further replies.