• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest check on Vicol Audio Maya R2R Volume controller

Would you like to get a bare PCB or a built unit

• Built unit unbalanced (stereo)

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Built unit balanced (stereo)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • PCB

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • More than two channels built unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The soft start and speaker relay contacts are closed when the controller is off and open when the controller is on. Anybody else notice this?

Sorry for that , I can confirm this is a mistake / bug .
It can be corrected from firmware but for those that already purchase and do not have experience / an AVR Atmel ISP cable here is the quick fix in the photo attached - use wire connected to those point of relay (yellow for the left speaker , red for the right speaker and black for the soft start connections)
Those wire attached must go direct for connection to / from speakers and to / from soft start and do not use block connection terminals from board with relay which must be left unconnected .

Attachments

• IMG_20160316_105342.jpg
    IMG_20160316_105342.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Maybe another bug....When programming new RC5 remote in settings the direct input commands don't seem to work.

Hi , I do not understand .
What direct input ?
When you enter settings and press select till the new RC5 IR command to program then you turn encoder and you begin the programming of IR remote .
Then is a normal program on screen lcd with all information step by step.
Tell us what are you doing ?

Last edited:
When you enter settings to program the remote it will ask you to press button for input 1....input 2....input 3...input 4. I assume that means a direct input rather than a toggle command.

Press on your remote button for power Channel+/-, Vol+/-, input 1..(CD)..input 2..(Tuner)..input 3..(DVD).input 4 (AUX), than mute. When done this are saved automatically. Later you may edit each input to whatever you want. For this use just configured RC5 remote.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I understand that. The buttons for power, Channel+/-, Vol+/- work fine but the buttons for inputs 1, 2, 3, and 4 do not work. One can still change input via the Channel buttons but these direct inputs do not work.

Don't know if it matters but one difference from what you said is that when you are done with programming "input 4" it goes directly to "saving to eeprom". Doesn't give you a chance to press mute button.

I am using the Maya in a Preamp/crossover. I planned to have the Maya's power relay board turn on the crossover. When I hooked up the crossover Transformer (15v) to the Maya power relay there were problems. It did not work the way I expected. When the Maya was off there was still 5 volts coming into my crossover power supply. When the Maya was on the crossover power supply was not working properly. This was caused by R32 and C22 (see circuit diagram). I removed R32 to eliminate the RC bridge. Now things work as expected but I wonder what is the purpose of this RC in the circuit?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 5.44.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 5.44.24 PM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 210
The role of R32/C22 is to avoid a flame between relay contacts when this operate. That relay should handle high currents for a wide range of amplifiers.
You should not remove these parts. You may adjust them. If you are running a low power device, like your preamp/crossover, than reduce the value of CV22 in 1nF-10nF at min 300V ac.

Regards,
Tibi

Yes, I understand that. The buttons for power, Channel+/-, Vol+/- work fine but the buttons for inputs 1, 2, 3, and 4 do not work. One can still change input via the Channel buttons but these direct inputs do not work.

Don't know if it matters but one difference from what you said is that when you are done with programming "input 4" it goes directly to "saving to eeprom". Doesn't give you a chance to press mute button.

Hi ,now i understand
this is for direct selection and does work : it use number 1 from IR remote to select input 1 .... number 4 from IR remote to select input 4 and have been tested and working for over 100 IR type remote .
Please test with another RC5 remote (use an universal programmable one for test) to see if it is a issue with some IR remote that changes the IDfamily number when pressing number switches from pad .
(Sometime I wonder what was in the mind of such designers , why should change on the fly that id on RC 5 code ??)

I am using the Maya in a Preamp/crossover. I planned to have the Maya's power relay board turn on the crossover. When I hooked up the crossover Transformer (15v) to the Maya power relay there were problems. It did not work the way I expected. When the Maya was off there was still 5 volts coming into my crossover power supply. When the Maya was on the crossover power supply was not working properly. This was caused by R32 and C22 (see circuit diagram). I removed R32 to eliminate the RC bridge. Now things work as expected but I wonder what is the purpose of this RC in the circuit?
Tibi just answered to you about this.

Last edited:
Hi ,now i understand

Please test with another RC5 remote (use an universal programmable one for test) to see if it is a issue with some IR remote that changes the IDfamily number when pressing number switches from pad .
(Sometime I wonder what was in the mind of such designers , why should change on the fly that id on RC 5 code ??)

I am using a Harmony universal remote. With the harmony you choose components from their database. I chose a Philips TV. I will try another component. What kind of device works for you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.