• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest check on Vicol Audio Maya R2R Volume controller

Would you like to get a bare PCB or a built unit

• Built unit unbalanced (stereo)

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Built unit balanced (stereo)

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • PCB

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • More than two channels built unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Tibi,

Sorry I think I did not express myself correctly.

I mean the back of the front panel.

You are right the back panel is easy to build on your own and I did it already.

I was just finishing the front pa El itself based on your dwg and thought it could be useful to have the back side of the front panel in dwg as well

I'll get more used to free cad files than))

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Based on previous information some months ago I had purchased a 6 volt transformer to power the Maya. Now that I've received the Maya I see that it is marked 9 volts AC. OK so I hook it up to a variac set for 9 volts. The relays buzz pretty bad. Moving the voltage up to 12 volts AC quiets them down and it seems to work better.

So I wonder if the Maya be run at 12 volts AC without problem?

I would like to remind that this is a DIY product. We are developing and improve this together with you, therefore any suggestion you may have will be carefully reviewed and implemented. As in any diyaudio GB, you get this product at a lower price, but with best support we can offer. It may have software bugs, which we already corrected, or hardware mistakes, like C8 and C9.
We are here for DIY and hope you too.

Regards,
Tibi

About C8 - C9 capacitors

Hi all ,
this is a recommendation from me (and have been tested) :
if you want to go for the best I will replace C9 with a 2200uF / 25V capacitor , but you must first test if the footprint is OK and if that capacitor fits OK there on board first of all.
Never the less a minimum of 1000uF /16V is still recommended .

My pre-amp is under structure of on-board input selectors by relay switches which controlled by an Alps mechanical selectors, and there is a straight line indicator area of 5 LED to indicate which input channel is running. As the LED indicators area occupied large part of the front panel, it is not possible to modify front panel with a window to install the display screen as well as new holes for push buttons.

For the above mentioned reason, I am planning to use a smaller box only for display screen/logic board of the kit, and put this smaller box on top of my pre-amp. I need to extend two cables for this configuration, one is connection between logic board and volume control/input selector board, the other is connection between logic board and volume control decoder.

My question is should I arrange these two cables away from signal path? and what location is better (for example: near AC power code) if I want to build one or two connectors on the back panel for connecting the extension cables? what type of connector should I use to keep connection good without interference?

David,

Entire audio thing is happen on relay boards. Even more analog signal path is completely isolated from digital.
You may extend cables as you wish. Let's say up to 1m is OK.
Keep relay boards as far as possible from power transformer (to reduce noise) and amplifier output (to avoid input-output oscillation).

Best regards,
Tibi

David,

Entire audio thing is happen on relay boards. Even more analog signal path is completely isolated from digital.
You may extend cables as you wish. Let's say up to 1m is OK.
Keep relay boards as far as possible from power transformer (to reduce noise) and amplifier output (to avoid input-output oscillation).

Best regards,
Tibi

Tibi, thank you very much.

David

Tibi,
Can you explain the functions of the speaker/Power and soft start board?
I measure continuity between the in-out speaker connections when the controller is in standby and no continuity when the controller is on. I expected just the opposite.

Also how does the soft start work? There is continuity when off but not when on. Do you have a circuit diagram?
Thanks, Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.