Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII), From beginner to advanced

Try this to place the current or voltage value next to a component on the schematic:
Right click on the schemetic, go draft, then .op data label.
Place the field next to the component on the schematic.
Right click on the field and then select the component eg I(R1) or V(R1) from the list and make sure to delete the $ from the field.

Displaying current in a resistor

Like this:

Attachments

• Current.png
    Current.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 242
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Should we be archiving the LT installer just in case...

I suppose this explains why the last few time I have raised any feedback issues via the LT built in feedback options I now just get a corporate message saying please supply company/university details/location/phone etc. I gave up bothering.

Hello,
I'm looking for an asc file that will allow me to plot curves from tube models. Does anyone know where to find one?
Thanks, Marty
Hi Marty,

I have used this one to compare the Duncan and Koren triode models.

It's set to plot Koren ECC81 (a.k.a 12AT7). Click I(Ra2) for Duncan NH12AT7 plot (eg to compare the models). V1 can trim slight grid differences between two models due to different data sets. Click with the cursor over the grid to plot grid current.

Enter different model names as required. Notice the .Step param Vg List ... is set up and selected to suit the tubes Vg range (eg as per datasheet).

To plot Ia vs Vg stepping Va see the second demo for the changes.
Adding d(I(Ra1)) can plot transconductance.

Add more subcircuits as required.

Cheers,

Attachments

• Plot-Duncan-Koren-Id-Va.png
    Plot-Duncan-Koren-Id-Va.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Plot-Duncan-Koren-Id-Vg.png
    Plot-Duncan-Koren-Id-Vg.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Plot-Duncan-Koren.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 47
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've noticed updates can often be cranky (slow) as if the connection to the server is down to a few kbps. I've seen LT updates taking 30 minutes or more. This only started in the last few months and has happened across different installations so I know its not specific to one install.