Infineon MA12070 Class D

These came out. By the looks of it anyone know if they were genuin?

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_200247.jpg
    IMG_20220726_200247.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 77
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
If they are or aren't, it does not make much of a difference as they're gone. They seem original.

BTW the PCB layout is different from older versions. It also says explicitly 10 µF 50V which is good.

Critical ones are the 4 x 225 of the inputs. I did not dare to remove them so I soldered 2.5 mm pitch film caps over them.

These micro sized coils are really bothering me. Look at the comparsion with a 1/4watt resistor. This must be the real cause of the bass Lack. I had on both amps (A8 and BRZ)
the active stage skipped but the bass was phenomenal with the A8 but just normal with the BRZ.

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_202746.jpg
    IMG_20220726_202746.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 54
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Just pointed out why there is lack of bass and that is factor 1. Modify if you want, then test/measure and listen so verification if the modifications changed matters for the better. Then factor 2... That really is the correct sequence. How parts look and what feeling they may give is not relevant. Measure the properties to judge them. Example: if you leave the caps in series and change the coil to another one there will still be shy bass.

The older version does have larger coils but in lower value. Or am I missing a dot? That they are 1.5 µH?! PCB says 15 µH which is simply unlikely.

BTW there is quite some info on EMI output on the pages I pointed to.

Last edited:
Yes I know why. Normally one first analyzes stuff.

Anyway I gave the tip, it is up to you what to do. Another member changed the input circuit. Just read page 33. I haven't tried that.
We constantly missunderstand each other.
Amp two will be with opamps and all of your suggestions.
Amp one is still balanced 4 caps direct coupled.
Amp three will be granted a transformer:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Maybe you are the cause by using short communication. Could just be :) I gave the example IF you have an active setup then things will not be in phase. Just tips. A reader does not extract automatically that you are modifying 3 amplifiers just for use with 2 channels. You also mentioned an active setup I think?!

Direct coupled = DC coupled.

Last edited:
Very slow now:
I have not used any of the input circuit on both amps (A8 and BRZ)
Straight from my coupling caps of the dac to the input of the chip on both amps. How in all the world can components that are not used change a thing. Buypassed is buypassed is buypassed. Puuuuhhh 😭

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Ok I am fed up with it. You modify dogmatically without even knowing the original circuit. Someone else needs to point you to the caps in series. You start about the coils being the "real cause of lack of bass" when in the circuit you posted it are the caps for sure being a factor.

In THIS device it IS a factor as the value is too small (1 µF in series with 2.2 µF = ?). In devices where you removed them they can not be a factor.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Maybe you should. I think I put enough time and energy in this and try to communicate as clear as I can. Replies not always follow as well. Difficult to communicate like this and the process seems unstructured in my eyes.

Good luck with the endeavours!

Last edited: