IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...

@Ghoostknight

Nếu bạn muốn RPi DDC giá thấp hơn nhưng vẫn rất tốt, TransportPi Digi là thứ bạn sẽ không bỏ qua. Nó có một giai đoạn đồng hồ lại riêng biệt được tích hợp sẵn và các XO có thể thay thế. Chất lượng tín hiệu thậm chí có thể tốt hơn TransportPi cũ.
https://github.com/iancanada/Docume...tPi/TransportPiDigi/TransportPiDigiManual.pdf

Ngoài ra, một UcPi , bộ nguồn siêu tụ điện mới cũng sẽ rất tuyệt để làm việc cùng, lại không tốn kém.
https://github.com/iancanada/Docume...UltraCapacitorPowerSupply/UcPi/UcPiManual.pdf

TransportPiDigiUcPi của Ian , trên Flickr

Ian

Tôi đã sử dụng TransportPiDigi, cài đặt Volumio hỗ trợ từ RPi và sử dụng tốt với trình điều khiển HifiberryDigi+ Pro. Mình đã làm theo hướng dẫn của bạn và cấp nguồn sạch 5v cho TransportPiDigi, đèn nguồn trên TransportPiDigi vẫn sáng nhưng khi phát nhạc thì không có đầu ra DAC. Bạn có thể giúp tôi với vấn đề này?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

Please post in English:

I used TransportPiDigi, installed Volumio support from RPi and used it well with HifiberryDigi+ Pro driver. I followed your instructions and provided 5v clean power supply to TransportPiDigi, the power light on TransportPiDigi is still on but when playing music there is no DAC output. Can you help me with this problem?

Reactions: 1 users
Can I still use/do I need the Reclockpi and sinepi with the Fifi Q7?
Sorry if this was asked or explained before but I am a bit confused in this wide field of your offerings Ian...

Leo
FifoPiQ7 has integrated a ReClockPi inside, so theoretically you don't need it. However, some of the audiophiles reported that they still get some improvements after installing a ReClockPi with FifoPi Q7. It could be reasonable, because it will be additional re-clock stage, and with bigger PCB area for better local decoupling networks. At least it is positive.
Please post update if you get a chance to try.

Ian

Dear ian
I've been using TransportPiDigi, installed Volumio support from RPi and fine with HifiberryDigi+ Pro driver. I followed your instructions and provided 5v clean power to TransportPiDigi, power off on TransportPiDigi still lights up but when playing music there is no DAC output. Can you help me solve this problem?

Hi Ian,

Today I installed the stationpi pro plus the touch screen controller, receiverpi pro, fifio q7, monitorpi and reclockerpi (may by not needed).

Working as a charm and now, after a couple of hours, it's getting somewhere. :cool:

A couple of questions. With the monitorpi (installed at non-isolated side of the fifo q7), I can only change the dimm values. Whatever I try I cannot change settings of the fifo. I also connected J4. What else could I check?

At the adapter board of the stationpi pro I use for connecting an old Philips cd player using the I2S signal at the tda1541a pins. I did the same with the 'normal' receiverpi board and with the receiverpi board it was functioning perfect. with the new receiverpi pro board connecting the I2S (data, clock, ws, gnd) I don't get any sound when selecting USB with the touch screen (stationpi controller). Is this input connection different?

Thanks for the perfect developements. I really like it :)

Regards,
Ad.

Hi guys! Sorry because i am sure it has been answered before in some thread but, just cannot find it...
In manual says TrasnportPi mkii can work in "half frequency mode" so 5.6448/6.144 is possible at MCLK nut, which FS are available at these frequencies?

In case it is connected to a FifoPi Q7, only 44.1/48 available at 5.6448/6.144 right?

regards,
jm

Dear Ian,

I have newly installed de fifopi q7, reclocker, dual dac and IV-stage zero feedback version.
Power supplys for the fifopi q7 and dac are 4 times LifePO4Mini3.3v.

Yesterday I stalled for the IV-stage zero feedback 2 UcPure 5v power supplies with Eaton power capacitors.
When power supplies are charged and in pure mode everything is working fine in my test setup and it sounds wonderful.
Only when de UCpower supplies are not in Pure mode and one of them is coming in pure mode, the fuse is of -5v power supply is blown.

I have changed in the meantime 4 times the fuse but every time de UcPure is switching to the pure state the fuse of the -5v is blown. If have switch the UcPures but only the -5v version blows the fuse out.

What is going on? And what can I do to prevent this? I don’t want use the power supplies without fuses.

And the UC-conditioners on the LifePO4mini 3.3v don’t come always in in condition state even when the LifePO4mini is in pure mode. Is this normal?

Looking forward hearing from you.

Berry.

Dear Ian,

I have newly installed de fifopi q7, reclocker, dual dac and IV-stage zero feedback version.
Power supplys for the fifopi q7 and dac are 4 times LifePO4Mini3.3v.

Yesterday I stalled for the IV-stage zero feedback 2 UcPure 5v power supplies with Eaton power capacitors.
When power supplies are charged and in pure mode everything is working fine in my test setup and it sounds wonderful.
Only when de UCpower supplies are not in Pure mode and one of them is coming in pure mode, the fuse is of -5v power supply is blown.

I have changed in the meantime 4 times the fuse but every time de UcPure is switching to the pure state the fuse of the -5v is blown. If have switch the UcPures but only the -5v version blows the fuse out.

What is going on? And what can I do to prevent this? I don’t want use the power supplies without fuses.

And the UC-conditioners on the LifePO4mini 3.3v don’t come always in in condition state even when the LifePO4mini is in pure mode. Is this normal?

Looking forward hearing from you.

Berry.

Hi Berry,

Please no worries, I'm here to help.

1. Please confirm the UcPure is working fine without connected to any load.
2. All UcPure and LifePO4 Mini have to use independent power input, all inputs have to be isolated and you can not share them.

Before you turn go ahead, please post a picture of your system, as well as the drawing of you power supply connections just to make sure they are correct.

Ian

Hi Ian!
Sorry because I didn't explain myself very well.
I am considering the TransportPi (mk2) for getting a spdif digital output from my FIFO. FIFO will provide MCLK to TransportPi via the u.fl connector and MCLK frequency can be 5.6448/6.144 (preferred) or 11.2896/12.2880.
My question is, ¿which sample rates will be supported at the spdif output in the TransportPi? Up to 48khz? Up to to 96Khz?.....

Thank a lot and sorry again because english is not my native tongue.. :)

Hi Berry,

Please no worries, I'm here to help.

1. Please confirm the UcPure is working fine without connected to any load.
2. All UcPure and LifePO4 Mini have to use independent power input, all inputs have to be isolated and you can not share them.

Before you turn go ahead, please post a picture of your system, as well as the drawing of you power supply connections just to make sure they are correct.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

1) The 2 UcPures are working fine without connected any load. If I charge the capacitors first by switching on the system untill they are full and after that I put the switch of the UcPure to on, the system is working fine for a few hours. If I switch on the system directly on with also the UcPure switches on, the system is also working but after about 1 or 2 minutes if one of the UcPure goes into Pure mode the fuse of the -5V to the IV stage is blown out. Because I don't know what is happening I don't want to bypass the fuse because of the risk of damaging the IV with zero feedback stage.

2) See attachment of my system. All the LifePO4 are feed with an independent power input. Is it working fine but the behavoiur of the Uc-Conditioners is strange. After recharching the batteries and the LifoPI is still in pure mode but after a while the conditioners stop conditioning. This is not a big problem for me, they system still works, I am just wondering if there is a cause for this behaviour. It looks like the voltage of the LifePO4mini is dropping a lower Voltage level than what the conditioner require. After recharching the batteries and coming back into pure mode everthing is ok again.

My biggest problem are the UcPures, I don't want to change the fuse after every loading cycle of the capacitors. ;-)

Greetings, Berry

Attachments

• 20221213_124538_resized.jpg
    20221213_124538_resized.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 20221213_124550_resized.jpg
    20221213_124550_resized.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 220
  • BerryStreamer.pdf
    472.2 KB · Views: 114
Hi Ian!
Sorry because I didn't explain myself very well.
I am considering the TransportPi (mk2) for getting a spdif digital output from my FIFO. FIFO will provide MCLK to TransportPi via the u.fl connector and MCLK frequency can be 5.6448/6.144 (preferred) or 11.2896/12.2880.
My question is, ¿which sample rates will be supported at the spdif output in the TransportPi? Up to 48khz? Up to to 96Khz?.....

Thank a lot and sorry again because english is not my native tongue.. :)

Hi Jmmbarco,

To use lower frequency MCLK, you can set the jumper settings on TransportPiMkII to half frequency mode.
For 5.6448/6.144 MHz, it will be up to 96KHz 16bit or 48KHz 32bit
For 11.2896/12.2880 MHz, it will be up to 192KHz 16bit or 96KHz 32bit
The limitation is by the re-clock principle which is the maximal Fs can not be greater than the half of Fmck

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.

1) The 2 UcPures are working fine without connected any load. If I charge the capacitors first by switching on the system untill they are full and after that I put the switch of the UcPure to on, the system is working fine for a few hours. If I switch on the system directly on with also the UcPure switches on, the system is also working but after about 1 or 2 minutes if one of the UcPure goes into Pure mode the fuse of the -5V to the IV stage is blown out. Because I don't know what is happening I don't want to bypass the fuse because of the risk of damaging the IV with zero feedback stage.

2) See attachment of my system. All the LifePO4 are feed with an independent power input. Is it working fine but the behavoiur of the Uc-Conditioners is strange. After recharching the batteries and the LifoPI is still in pure mode but after a while the conditioners stop conditioning. This is not a big problem for me, they system still works, I am just wondering if there is a cause for this behaviour. It looks like the voltage of the LifePO4mini is dropping a lower Voltage level than what the conditioner require. After recharching the batteries and coming back into pure mode everthing is ok again.

My biggest problem are the UcPures, I don't want to change the fuse after every loading cycle of the capacitors. ;-)

Greetings, Berry

Hi Bschoeman,

Thanks for the pictures and the drawing.

1. You drawing looks correctly. Blowing fuse means there is a short circuit. It could be caused by a wrong connection. I've noticed that in your picture, you use a white wire for the UcPure 0V and use a brown/green wire for the +5V. Please make sure that is correct.
Another thing is that it seems that 15V AC could a bit higher, Can you use 12V AC for the UcPures?
Or, use a standard linear +-5V for now just for the function test. Move to UcPures when everything is confirmed.

2. The UcConditioner only leaves the pure mode when the input voltage is lower than 3.1V. Please fully charge your LifePO4 Mini batteries and trying it again.

Please let me know if you have an update.

Ian

Hi Jmmbarco,

To use lower frequency MCLK, you can set the jumper settings on TransportPiMkII to half frequency mode.
For 5.6448/6.144 MHz, it will be up to 96KHz 16bit or 48KHz 32bit
For 11.2896/12.2880 MHz, it will be up to 192KHz 16bit or 96KHz 32bit
The limitation is by the re-clock principle which is the maximal Fs can not be greater than the half of Fmck

Ian
Great. Thanks a lot Ian!

best,
jm