IanCanada's Latest RPi GB Goodies Impressions... and your tweaks, mods and hints...

After a complete dismantle today, along with trial-n-error replacement of boards, software, etc. I finally have a working I2S system. I had to remove the BridgePi from my stack. I thought I remember reading somewhere that the BridgePi would work in tandem with the other boards and auto-switch when it found a USB signal. Maybe I'm envisioning it working differently than you intended and the way it does. (In thinking about it now, I guess it really can't since I would have to select another audio source in roon first.) I feed the USB-in from a computer, switched the roon end-point, and at that point the FifoPi and DAC worked as expected. Though the RPi is not 'really' being used. I unwittingly thought that switching roon back to my I2S DAC stack end-point (source) would then engage the network via the Pi. It doesn't unless I've missed something along the way.

Thanks for your help.

ReceiverPi is what I need to use.

Ah ha. A moment of clarity. Late last night I was showing my son the progress on my 'stack V2' and we were discussing the BridgePi relative to integratinbg it with roon. He was looking through my binder of docs for Ian's products, and for what I want to do, it would seem the ReceiverPi is just the ticket. Which I have. :) That apparently works seamlessly with the FifoPi and will switch when a signal is present.

I will experiment with that in the stack and see if it meets my needs for this next build. Once you know how to inter-connect Ian's boards, they do work so well and offer us DIY'ers multiple ways of connecting our digital products.

Thanks again Ian for such well, thought-out and designed products.

ESS controller NO INPUT

Success! Sort of. ;) It appears it was the RPi. I replaced that and things started coming together.

I have similar problem with my simple setup. No sound and NO INPUT on the controller. Volumio appears to behave properly and I can hear the sound over the phones on the RPI if I set it as the output. I tried reflashing, restarting, reassembling. I also reflashed RPI’s eeprom as suggested by Ian. No change. Anything else to do?

Attachments

• CCFF7DBE-8B15-45BE-90ED-F128E4B549FF.jpg
    CCFF7DBE-8B15-45BE-90ED-F128E4B549FF.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 449
Hi all,

I have a strange phenomenon. My stack is a stationpi, raspi3b+ (Volumio image), receiverpi, FiFiPi Q2, reclockpi feeding a tda1541a and a ecc88 tube endpoint.
It all runs fine and sound is perfect for me.

At the receiver I connect via toslink a media player and via coax a Audio Note CDTII zero transport. Via toggle switches I switch between streaming and toslink/coax and a second switch for selecting toslink or coax (CD transport).

Normal streaming and toslink I never have any problems but when selecting coax (cd transport) sometimes something is happening that connection to de cd transport is interrupted. It switches for a short time (fraction of a second) to streaming, the default selection of the receiverpi.

First i thought I had bad cd's as the interruption is sometimes that short that the streaming signal was not heard. But yesterday the interruption was also noticeable when the cd was finished. Also connected the cd transport to my Quad Artera Solu Play and running flawlessly.

It is definitely not the receiverpi, FiFoPi, reclockpi, that is functional perfect. For month's now I try to find out what it could be.

Already checked all connections, earth schema's, configuratons, something is disconnecting the cd transport for a short moment of time. Also checked all capacitors as I thought it could be something like that.
I have 3 transformers, 1- statiopi/raspi/fifopi/receiverpir 2- tda1541a, 3- ecc88 circuit.
For all voltages separate 3A windings so power enough.

All ideas are welcome :)

In between I am enjoying everything Ian created. (Waiting for the stationpro :) )

Thanks for reading the post,
Ad.