• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

@ian

I received my universal SMT XO Adapters KIT today but the package only contains one type of capacitors. I thought there would be two types of capacitors? Maybe someone can tell me the capacitance and size of the capacitors that are normally contained in the package?

With regards, Big Bird

Last edited:
Hi to all
Yesterday I mounted all the boards the I recveived (FifoPi + dual ES9038 DAC + ESS Controller + Standard I/V)
I have 2 different problems:

1) If i mount the ESS controller on the Non isolated GPIO of the FifoPi the controller doesn't work. At all. The LED of the controller remain completed turned off (during the startup of the raspi, on the led of controller i can see some little light (some point flash) but when the startup procedure is finished the LED becames black). Instead if I mount the controller directly on the DAC (on top of the FifoPi) the controller seems to work; The light is on on the led and also if I stream music the controller show the right information on the audio stream. COULD BE A PROBLEM ON THE FIFOPI ? ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

2) From the I/V Board I'm not able to ear anything. Also in the case that the streamer seems to work properly, the ESS Contraller (mounted on the DAC directly) show the audio stream info, all the led on fifopi and DAC became green during the streaming, from the I/V Board doesnt exit enithing. ANY SUGGESTION ?

I'm using Raspberri Pi 3 with DietPi with MPD client and also Jriver Istalled

I'm using a PC power supply (waiting the LifePO4) to prower the FifoPI with 5V and 3.3 V , To power the DAC with 3.3V and to power the I/V board with +12V 0 -12V

Last edited:
HDMIpi List:
1. JoeyDD: transmitter x2, receiver x2
2. JimS: Transmitter x1, receiver X1
3. Big Bird: transmitter 1x
4. myint67 receiver 1
5. linh0983 transmitter 1x
6. lindamar: transmitter x2, receiver x2
7. Lucser: transmitter x1
8. flyboi : transmitter x1, receiver x2
9. mksung: transmitter x2

HDMIpi List:
1. JoeyDD: transmitter x2, receiver x2
2. JimS: Transmitter x1, receiver X1
3. Big Bird: transmitter 1x
4. myint67 receiver 1
5. linh0983 transmitter 1x
6. lindamar: transmitter x2, receiver x2
7. Lucser: transmitter x1
8. flyboi : transmitter x1, receiver x2
9. mksung: transmitter x2

10. pierantonio: transmitter x1, receiver x1

Looking good but no music

I’ve assembled LifePo4+RPi+FifoPi+ES9038Q2M+ESS Controller +Standard I/V and installed Volumio on the Pi. All looks to be ok, except there’s NO music when I play a track. ESS controller displays appropriate signal etc, just no sound from my hifi. Any thoughts to help a noob. Some pics attached.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I’ve assembled LifePo4+RPi+FifoPi+ES9038Q2M+ESS Controller +Standard I/V and installed Volumio on the Pi. All looks to be ok, except there’s NO music when I play a track. ESS controller displays appropriate signal etc, just no sound from my hifi. Any thoughts to help a noob. Some pics attached.

Is the volume loud enough?