• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

The charging current quality does not need to be too good, the amount of current is important. It is recommended to use a more efficient switching power supply. Generally, the linear power supply current will be smaller and consume a lot of power.

You may have missed the point... @Miklau is not using the Salas 1.3 UtraBiB power supply for CHARGING i.e. supplying DC voltage to a battery or accumulator.

Started putting mine together today, no Kapton in sight.

32827919797_85cd0e33dc_b.jpg

Joined 2003
Paid Member
@sq225917, looks very nice, but a bit risky. Be careful!

<SNIP>...
"Sound quality can be improved right away by replacing the pre-installed op amplifiers with higher grade ones. OPA1622 would be recommended for U3. ..."

<SNIP>

but the OPA1622 seems to have only a 10 pins layout
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/sbos727b/sbos727b.pdf

So, in which way I can substitute the original NJM2114D with this OPA1622?

Does it exist a different version of OPA1622 with only 8 PIN layout ?

Ian's adapter for the OPA1622 handles this and turns it into an 8-pin equivalent.

Another question: did u tested also other OpAmp ? Eg. The DualAmp BursonAudio V6 Classic seems to be compatible. Did u test it or do you know it ?

I've tried both the Sparkos and LKS discrete opamps in the I/V positions (U1 & U2) with very good results. I am leaning more towards the Sparkos, but don't have suffiicent time on both for anything final.

I've seen some good reports on the Burson too. Opamp choice will largely be a personal preference choice.

In my testing I am running the setup into a balanced-input attenuator and amplifier. So I don't have U3 populated with anything at this time.

Greg in Mississippi

Ian's adapter for the OPA1622 handles this and turns it into an 8-pin equivalent.
In my testing I am running the setup into a balanced-input attenuator and amplifier. So I don't have U3 populated with anything at this time.

Greg in Mississippi

The adapter for 1622 has to be soldered ? Is it difficult?

The U3 is used for un-balanced output?
This means that the U1 e U2 are used only for balanced and so in case I want to use only un-balanced I may let them empty (so do the opposite you are doing) ?

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
@paoloilpizzo,

I haven't soldered an OPA1622 to one of Ian's adapters yet, but it IS an advanced SMD soldering job that requires an SMD rework station at least or a proper SMD soldering oven.

OPA1612s & most other recent equivalent opamps also require soldering onto appropriate adapters and are still challenging SMD soldering jobs, but they CAN be done with a very fine-tip soldering iron by hand.

Also, U1 & U2 are required for both balanced & single-ended use. Only U3 is optional and then only for single-ended use.

Greg in Mississippi

Guys, I have a laptop smps putting out 19.4v off load. Alright to use with the lifepo board?
From the manual

J6: DC power input connector alternative to J5

A 12V to 19V DC power supply with rated current higher than 3.5A can also be connected to this 2-pin 5.0mm terminal

to operate. It’s internally connected to J5.

So seems to be just a bit over the limit. Imho could be used by I let the last sentence to Ian.

HDMIpi works together with FifoPi through u.fl cables to MCLK and I2S/DSD/DoP

Becomes an ultra low jitter HDMI transport.

HDMIpiFifoPi
by Ian, on Flickr

Great! I was waiting long time for such board. I was even willing to delay the shipping of my boards for this as , at the moment I'm more intrested in a digital transport project for my external dac. Great to see it ready.

Have a well deserved nice vacation Ian!

Last edited: