Hps 5.1

Please don't show any more pictures it makes me all shame faced for not having started yet. I will purchase a solder station and some small tips this weekend.

perhaps you'd be more comfortable with this pic?

IMG_1145.JPG

... perhaps not :devily:

get 'em while they're hot!

To be honest it's my complete and utter lack of familiarity with surface mount parts that is really holding me back. Farnell stock some of the parts, but I want to get this right first time as I don't fancy having to rework the board as it's my first foray into surface mount.

SO feeling inadequate a I purchased myself a 'Benz LP' cartridge yesterday... ;-)

To be honest it's my complete and utter lack of familiarity with surface mount parts that is really holding me back. Farnell stock some of the parts, but I want to get this right first time as I don't fancy having to rework the board as it's my first foray into surface mount.

SO feeling inadequate a I purchased myself a 'Benz LP' cartridge yesterday... ;-)

Honestly, I find SMD much easier than through hole. Perhaps you can comment once you dive in. I'd recommend getting the PSU section working first, testing that, then going forward from there. It will give you some (quicker) feedback and hopefully success :)

One more thing, is anyone in this project able to purchase parts from Elfa and perhaps forward them to me here in the US?

I'm officially out of phono boards and opamps. I have 1 rumble filter board left. I will probably have a few matched caps for the phono stage available. If you're interested in these caps and have already ordered boards, please let me know in the next 24 hours so I don't send your package out until I have a chance to match the caps and include them. I won't know the exact pricing until I see what the yield is.

Someone asked how important the matching of the caps is in the rumble filter, since there are two resistor values that seem to be difficult to find as well... It seems to me pretty important as it effects the characteristics of the Sallen-Key filter, whose goal is to be indistinguishable in the audible range when enabled. YMMV and all that.

If there is desire for more boards, again, post in this thread and I can try and organize a third run.

A few notes from an interested party :)

The only replacement that I have experimented with, with very good results, is OPA604, which is in stock at Arrow. Otherwise, for those willing to gamble, LME49710 will usually take +/-22V without any problems. Actually, as far as I know, LME49870 is the same chip as LME49710, only tested and guaranteed at +/-22V.