Hornresp

Hi David

I did try to sim a sub with wide respons and not so big, I get this some strange looking box, the end is a flare.

But respons looks good, en it is not big, with 12dB low pass it go to 90 Hz and start on 16 Hz.

What you think. Ohh yes one question where end the S3 on the middle of the speaker of just before? I see sometimes
people who do set it just before the edge of the speaker like the inverted tapped horn what this is in fact, see picture of what I mean. Mine has S3 ended in the middle of the speaker like hornresp graph suggests. Hmm after some looks, I see the mouth begins exacly on edge of speaker and so that middle dashed line is not for look at. This was just the very last
thing I have now properly seen I hope.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_284 Oct. 12 15.52.jpg
    ScreenHunter_284 Oct. 12 15.52.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 220
  • ScreenHunter_285 Oct. 12 15.53.jpg
    ScreenHunter_285 Oct. 12 15.53.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 215
  • ithroughsketch.gif
    ithroughsketch.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hi Kees,

What you think.

Questions regarding specific loudspeaker designs are better directed to others having more practical experience in such matters :).

Ohh yes one question where end the S3 on the middle of the speaker of just before?

The Hornresp simulation model assumes that S3 is at the centre of the driver, as shown in the schematic diagram.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Kees,

Questions regarding specific loudspeaker designs are better directed to others having more practical experience in such matters :).

The Hornresp simulation model assumes that S3 is at the centre of the driver, as shown in the schematic diagram.

Kind regards,

David

I did see I can not go as far that S3 is on edge of speaker, I did see people build the box doing the S3 on edge of speaker, when I go with slider in hornresp I also see it switch from S3 to S4 on edge of the speaker, not the middle, I see text switing there.

regards

kees

when I go with slider in hornresp I also see it switch from S3 to S4 on edge of the speaker, not the middle, I see text switing there.

Hi Kees,

I'm not sure that I understand :).

A three-segment TH tapped horn has the driver centre points at S2 and S3. If L34 is set to 0.10 cm then the centre of the driver may appear to move to S4, but it is still actually at S3.

A four-segment TH tapped horn has the driver centre points at S2 and S4.
A four-segment TH1 tapped horn has the driver centre points at S2 and S3.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 172
Hi Kees,

I'm not sure that I understand :).

A three-segment TH tapped horn has the driver centre points at S2 and S3. If L34 is set to 0.10 cm then the centre of the driver may appear to move to S4, but it is still actually at S3.

A four-segment TH tapped horn has the driver centre points at S2 and S4.
A four-segment TH1 tapped horn has the driver centre points at S2 and S3.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David

Thanks

I have done it this way, then measurements fit, when use the other way so not to center speaker thing are not fit, and so I have find the right way.

see the pictures.

kees

Attachments

• aircoupler.jpg
    aircoupler.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 103
Hornresp Update 3610-141015

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

In some cases the Compare button on the Sound Pressure secondary chart was being enabled before it should have been. This has now been corrected.

CHANGE 2

The previewed petal profile is now filled-in with yellow, to indicate that it is a solid flat panel.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 72
Hi Mark,

You sure get around - China one day, Denver Rocky Mountain Audio Fest the next :).

Kind regards,

David

I haven't been home since the end of July.

It's been interesting. But it gets old fast.

At least I'm old enough that my kids are out and about on their own. And I am without daily responsibilities to my family.

Now I have a few clients that I have to look after and keep happy.

Life in the fast lane.

But i get home at the end of October. And it will be good to be back.

Hi BP1Fanatic,

Surely things can't be THAT bad in the States at the moment?

Even if they were, it shouldn't worry Mark - his home is in Canada :).

Kind regards,

David

Well, I got layed off 9-9-14 by my company. They called me back on 12-9-13 as a contract worker. I worked until 3-28-14. My severance package ended on 8-5-14. The same day, they hired me back in a different position with the same salary, my 22 years of service, and my 4.5 weeks of vacation that have to use by the end of the year. So to answer your question, things are not bad in the States...LOL!!!

The Global Financial Crisis is FAR from over, especially in the USA ! Sure it's alright for some, bankers etc, but for "ordinary" people it's Worse than bad ! It's going to get even worse before too long, with ALL the problems etc that Will bring.

@ BP1Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your circumstances, & you're Not the only one, by a long way. More to come !