Hifimediy T4 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to modify the board and achieve the attached schematic?

Attachments

• schem.jpg
    schem.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 452
:D
Why abuse the center-tap like that?

Attached are different schematics.

Edit: also make sure that you take a transformer like +-17.5v, not +-35v.

Basically the same thing I created...

No, 17.5 will not accomplish his goal. 35-0-35 toroidal with both secondaries tied together to achieve more amps.

At least that is what my approach is, BUT since you have not bought the board, don't do any of this :D

Last edited:
:D

Basically the same thing I created...

No, 17.5 will not accomplish his goal. 35-0-35 toroidal with both secondaries tied together to achieve more amps.

At least that is what my approach is, BUT since you have not bought the board, don't do any of this :D

Yes the board doesn't add much to it. there is already a rectifier on the T4, so if you want more capacitance, you could add more to the T4 board.

Indeed, the rectifier is not a bad one. My main issue is the soldering and integration of several caps (up to 20 pieces) into a chassis. It's senseless to design and build only one or two extra pcbs for it.

BTW: I would suggest to show before and after schematics for electronic dummies like us. It makes also comparing easier for everybody.
Before (for symmetrical DC out):
before-SCHEMATIC.jpg

After - Whaleman's suggestion - (for asymmetrical DC out):
schem.jpg

Thanks for your attention

Last edited:
Sonic Performence and sound quality

Hi all together,
i'am new here.

The reason to come over here is, the interest on different t-Amp's and there sonic performence.

So please can somebody tell me something about the T4 performance as well against other T-amps like Arjen Helder's MKIII TA2020 and MKII STA508 Tripath Mono.

Many thanks in front for your answers. " i hope many ":D

Just another good and easy solution...
Hifimediy T4 TK2050 con Cap KENDEIL di filtro
Sorry but it's in italian...Try Google Transl, then, if needed I can help with translation.

Wowwww !! Thanks and mille gracia ... The pics are nearly telling the whole documentation. Kendeil, an italian cap brand which NAIM also would use in some of their amps.

I am really curious about a sound difference between 2 big Keindeils and 15 smaller Panasonics. These are good news. If there are to be cleared questions I will ask you:up:

I've translated a piece of the post I've linked,

"[...]Con i kendeil l'amplificatore ha acquistato punch e presenza, ma soprattutto tenuta ed equilibrio; inoltre mi sta dando molta soddisfazione nella dinamica, dove la scheda eccelle già di suo liscia, ma con i nuovi capi è il top rispetto a tutto quello che ho sentito in classe t.
il suono è molto naturale, la scheda non dà accenni di fatica neanche a volumi elevati, l'ascolto è assolutamente rilassante e poco caratterizzato. sono soddisfatto e impressionato, perchè oltre a mostrare correttezza timbrica la scheda è molto musicale, ma anche analatica.
assolutamente consigliata, un plauso va ancora una volta a Yulian [...]"

"[...]With Kendeil caps the amp has gain punch and presence, but most of all control and balance; moreover dynamics it's very satisfying, where the board it's already excellent by itself, but with the new caps it's the top in comparison with all what I've heard in class-T.
Sound it's very natural, the board doesn't seem to be exhausted even if playing at loud volume, listening is absolutely relaxing and little "featured"
[read coloured]. I'm satisfied and impressed because, beyond showing timbre accuracy and being very musical, it's still very analytical.
Absolutly reccomended; thanks once again Yulian[...]"

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.