help with my 500/1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need both AC and DC on the third leg of one of the drivers AND both AC and DC on Q612.

PS driver leg 3 AC:.....fluctuates high as .716
PS driver leg 3 DC:..... .78

Q612 gate AC: fluctuates under 1volt
Q612 gate DC: 4.5v

Q612 drain AC: fluctuates under 1volt
Q612 drain DC: 12v

Q612 source AC: fluctuates high as .8
Q612 source DC: 0

Q612 couldn't get hot before you replaced the resistor because it's connection to ground was broken.

my DMM might not be what i need for measuring ac......

The meter isn't telling me much. The fact that it read AC voltage when on ground shows the readings are unreliable.

There is a short in the Q612 circuit but the circuit is large. Virtually all of the op-amps and the filter caps are on the output of the circuit. The other side of the circuit includes the driver IC. Right now, I'm trying to determine if you have pulses on the gate or straight DC. DC would make the transistor get really hot. The meter can read 4.5v DC for pulsed DC (which would be OK) or straight DC (which would be bad).

To determine if you have straight or pulsed DC, you need to build the following circuit. One end will go on the gate of Q612 and the other end will go on the source of Q612. If the LEDs light, you have a good drive signal. If it blinks and then goes off, you have straight DC.

The capacitor is a 0.1uf. The resistor is a 1k. Notice that the LEDS are wired in reverse parallel.

http://bcae1.com/temp/IMG_5686oscdetector.jpg

ok i got the old magnifying glass out and found a burnt resistor under the preamp board........it reads around 47 ohms across it........the input power reads like a short and then it starts to climb to a high resistance........none the capacitors are shorted.......

Attachments

• dsc_1165.jpg
    dsc_1165.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 86
If one end is connected to the gate of the FET and the other end is connected to pin 6 of the IC next to it (UC3843B?), it's a 47 ohm resistor. It burned when the 3843 tried to drive the defective FET. They are generally 47 ohms.

What's the REV # on the main board? I thought it was a 3 but the photos I have of a 3 are different.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.