Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rebojorge said:
Coulomb....
I am in for those transformers....

What is the relation of parts Kits, to boards? 1-1 or 2-1

I am waiting for confirmation from Kari for the configuration. Then I need to see if DIYCLUB Biz would do a custom wind for us and what the price would be for 70 units. Though I would provide one per PSU, so people using two preamps and two PSU's could have two transformers as well. Dollar wise I am not quite there yet, I am a few hundred US short. I have been working on this for a while, I feel bad for the apparent tromping I am giving VIT on his initiative for a Transformer GB. Nobody really asked me first, the topic just sort of popped on the Wikki.

Regards

Anthony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
So Wuffwaff says the consumption is 15 VA for TWO channels ,right?

In that case a person that only orders one power supply for two channels still has plenty of headroom, and those of us that ordered 2 power supply boards get a cheap, overkill transformer per channel.

I am totally onboard for adding these to the order if the more technically experienced menbers approve. Of course they would be added to the power supply parts kits.

That is Waaay lesss than I thought I'd have to pay, and might allow other people to go to 2 separate power supplies at a reasonable price- if there are any extra boards that is....

A transformer deal like this is a lot harder to find than some poly caps!:D

rebojorge said:
I just added myself to the parts GB wiki.... am I still on time?
I would not mind paying a little extra to get the trafos and the caps.

Yep lot's of time, I will send you a pre payment invioce in a little while.

On another note, I personally like the idea of the transformer and will let everyone know if I need a few extrra dollars from the buyers to make it happen. I am assuming without looking that everyone is taking at least on PSU kit with thier order.

I really should find a better suited transformer than the 300VA for my Stereo BOSOZ!!

Regards

Anthony

Well I went back to the numbers and did a little forecasting, I f we hit 80 Preamps and 70 PSU I will hit another purchasing plateau on some key items, thus lowering our costs enough to cover an off the shelf R-Core 50VA transformer for every PSU kit.

The question remains can I get a perfect custom wind from DIYClub Biz or can we settle for the one I already mentioned above.

Sorry about trouncing your initiative for a transformer GB VIT, but as I said this really was something I have been trying to offer with the parts kit.

Regards

Anthony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've got a friend of a friend in Bucharest. Shall I try to have him contact Rockna-line? Any members here with better connections?

Amazing they have an e-mail :rolleyes: Why didn't I think of that?:

office@rockna-line.com

Perhaps someone that has the spec correct could write them?

Is this equal to a spec?

Toroidal transformer with 1x60v and 1x12v outputs
and equal ampacity for high and low outputs. Total output around 50 VA? 110 AND 220 primary?

Those toroids look great and seem to be a great deal-
But, if Anthony has a good contact with the other company that's worth a lot

P.S. They have a Computor CD controller board too!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
illusionxx said:
Can someone post a link to any schematic of the X-BOSOZ PSU where i can see how this 60+12V Trafo is tapped? I have looked around a little bit but wasn`t able to find any schematic that contained a 12V Trafo. Only 2*60V (55V) like shown here . Thanx, illusionxx.

Illusionxx,

I think you can just modify the schematics you've referenced.
The top half stays the same and hooks up to the 60V
secondary. The bottom half hooks up to the 12 V
secondary. The 7 zener diodes on the bottom half are replaced
by diodes summing up to about 14V (may be 2x4.5 and 1x5)
and the 2.2K resistor should perhaps be lowered to around
330 ohm. I think this will give around -10V regulated for
the negative rail.

Dennis

illusionxx said:
Can someone post a link to any schematic of the X-BOSOZ PSU where i can see how this 60+12V Trafo is tapped? I have looked around a little bit but wasn`t able to find any schematic that contained a 12V Trafo. Only 2*60V (55V) like shown here . Thanx, illusionxx.

Kristijans, implementation of the X-BOSOZ uses a standard +/- 60VDC powersupply hence the requirement for dual 60VAC secondaries which inturn provides +/- 80VDC to the Zener regulator for the +/- 60vdc output.

Kari's design after chatting with him just has the one 60VDC rail anf the other is 9VDC.

Regards

Anthony

Dennis Hui said:
I'm wondering if we should use something higher than 12VAC
secondary for the negative rail. Aside from the standard
issues of diode loss and mains voltage variations, we also
have a CRC arrangement which could burn up a few volts.

Just a thought...
Dennis

If I am able to get them to do a custom wind I would say yes it is possible, Kari did say 12VAC would be fine, normally that would yield 17VDC before rectification losses.

Regards

Anthony

Dennis Hui said:
I'm wondering if we should use something higher than 12VAC
secondary for the negative rail. Aside from the standard
issues of diode loss and mains voltage variations, we also
have a CRC arrangement which could burn up a few volts.

Just a thought...
Dennis

I have asked for a quote on the following configuration.
0-55(750mA) and 0-12(750mA) on a R-Core frame.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.