Heatsinks for Bosoz?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After some discussion with Kari regarding the part selection on the BOM I will be providing two different voltages for C9 thru C12. As the negative rail is only 9VDC a 25VDC cap here should be plenty, that would mean 2 x 25VDC and 2 x 100VDC, that caps will be different sizes but should have no effect on the working of the circuit. I suppose a larger value cap couls be used for better filtering. This small change if there are no insurmountable objections will save the GB a buck or two. It opens up more options for C4 & C5.

What would be the preferred value amoungst the members for these caps 10, 12, 15, 17, 20uF?

Regards

Anthony

vit said:
Hello. How many of you in Europe would be interested of buying a coustom made 150VA trafo. The price would be around 20 Euro.
PRI: 230V
SEC:2x60V 2x830mA
2x15V 2x1.66mA

Would this trafo be sufficent for two psu's?

//V!T

edit: Can someone help me fix a wiki?

Sounds good. Maybe you should consider using 2*12V instead of 2*15V. 12*1.4 ~ 17V DC which is plenty enough for the -9V part.

I can help you with the wiki.

/Kari

Hi,

looking at the transformer the current from the 60V windings should be the same as for the 15 (12V) windings since the current through the amp goes from plus to minus.
around 80-100mA per amp should be possible to let people experiment a bit.

So the spec would be 2x60V 100mA plus 2x15V 100mA wich is 60x0,2 plus 15x0,2 = 15VA.
A 100VA transformer would be overkil enough I think........and capable of 600mA bias per amp.

William

Variac said:
I heard that it is better to use a 2 x 55 V transformer rather than 2 x 60 - especially if using a large one, as the voltage won't sag much at all. Any input?

It's what I use Mark and I get 60VDC regulated out dead on under load.

Mind you I am using a 300 VA transformer.

What? I had it lying around! :)

Regards

Anthony

Actually the transformer just needs 60VAC and 12VAC as the the X-BOSOZ is not a balanced +/- 60VDC rail.

So any configuration like a 30-0-30 and 0-12 can be used.

I was looking at this trransformer.

http://eshop.diyclub.biz/product_info.php?cPath=152_74&products_id=55

Model number R26-08??
0-32X2, 0-9-12
$15US you can configure for 32-0-32 and 0-12 Perfect I would say, am I wrong?

Regards

Anthony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
As much as it pains me to admit, It might be hard to find a surplus transformer that combines the 2 voltages. Small transformers new are almost as expensive as large ones, so using a separate trans for 12v and another 55-60 is going to be pricey even at surplus prices. I'm hoping to have a separate one for each channel.

So, maybe in this case Victoria or Plitron up in Canada are the way to go. We could get quotes from each... Shipping is usually a killer, but these won't be THAT heavy.

Variac said:
As much as it pains me to admit, It might be hard to find a surplus transformer that combines the 2 voltages. Small transformers new are almost as expensive as large ones, so using a separate trans for 12v and another 55-60 is going to be pricey even at surplus prices. I'm hoping to have a separate one for each channel.

So, maybe in this case Victoria or Plitron up in Canada are the way to go. We could get quotes from each... Shipping is usually a killer, but these won't be THAT heavy.

Mark any comments on the transformer i mentioned above?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Sorry Coulomb, we cross posted. If the VA is Ok thats tempting,
but isn't the volts even higher than 60?Is it a toroid or what? shipping is the issue I guess. Those guys are in china, right?

Still I'm interested in the big local iron too, including Plitron someone needs to ask them .... I don't have even a moment to look this stuff over- work is getting out of hand, arrrrrggggghhhh -bye.
:dead:

Variac said:
Sorry Coulomb, we cross posted. If the VA is Ok thats tempting,
but isn't the volts even higher than 60?Is it a toroid or what? shipping is the issue I guess. Those guys are in china, right?

Still I'm interested in the big local iron too, including Plitron someone needs to ask them .... I don't have even a moment to look this stuff over- work is getting out of hand, arrrrrggggghhhh -bye.
:dead:

It is 50VA so it should be plenty according to earlier postings, I have been talking to Johnny about getting a discount for 70 of them and including them in the parts kit instead of the Caps.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.