• The swap meet forum is for private non-commercial transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Great CDROM control KITs for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Well, I had a parcel waiting for me when I got home this evening!!

Unpacked and all appeared in good condition - there was nothing for it but to quickly hook it up and try it out. I used an old CDRW drive, ATX PC supply and a quick S/PDIF connection as shown earlier in the thread (didn't get the pulse transformer yet). To my surprise it all powered up AOK, the CD initially spun up fast for about 2 secs and then went dead quiet. And music burst through the speakers! I was expecting to have to do some sort of twiddling to get it going!

So all the functions on the pad work AOK, and the display messages appear nicely on the screen and make good sense (no misspellings that I noticed). The only glitch I met was that the remote was a bit patchy in use - sometimes it worked well and other times it won't work at all. Other times it would go into a kind of fast forward mode and no matter what I tried it wouldn't stop until the counter reached the end of the CD. CD still played as normal when this was happening on the display. I checked my remote battery and it was giving me 3.03V (which should be ok).

So the short version is that the controller works pretty well - straight out of the can and it does control the CD-rom speed. Only thing is that for me the remote ain't great.

BBP - I was going to try a universal remote I have here, but need some help in getting it to work. Can you tell me does the remote match any known makes of CD players, eg does it use a sony remote or a pioneer remote etc etc?

Overall, its pretty positive. Next I want to get a DVD drive and see will it work ok with a DVD-A disc!!

Fran

Hi Fran,

Great thanks for your feedback ^_^
The controller has a fucntion of speed-orward, it can plays CD in 1X,2X,3X,4X speed through remote handset. But I think this fucntion is useless, so... I have no mention it in the USER MANUAL Version 3 >_<
For the remote handset. It work fine in my system. But for the programme itself is not perfect, some bugs do exist.You'd best not press the keys on the handset too frequenctly,because the ROM size in the MCU P89S52 is not so enough for the programme. Sometimes the programme will run out of control if the remote handset gives too much command to MCU >_<
About using other remote handset. It is possible, but you need a ISP for 89S52,and then you can modifie the software.
You have to know that, IDE drivers like DVDROM,DVDRW can play DVD discs but the DIGITAL AUDIO signal is not work at all. You can't get SPDIF from your DVDROM when you are playing DVD discs. Because audio data-strem are not the same between CD disc and DVD disc.
Good luck ^_^

best regards
Lu

metaxus said:
Hi Lu,

I would like a kit.

Will you post in this thread to confirm when you get 10 orders?

Also, is shipping to Australia the same price as given in the first post?

Thanks
Josh.

Hi Josh,

YES,I will post it here when I got 10 orders.
Everybody who wants the KIT later please send me an email ^_^ Post your intention here is also a good idea

Shipping cost for Australia is the same, thank you

regards
Lu

korben69 said:
Hi Lu,

Do you have some news about PE-65612 Digital transformer and PCB.
I've got my kit, tested and approved, it works fine using a PC/PSU ! :)

dnewma04 said:
Has anyone attempted making a shiga-clone type project with this controller? I'm afraid that when I yank the transport mechanism from the CD-rom chassis that I'll lose some necessary switch to make it work. I guess it won't hurt to give it a try and see.

Hi Korben69,
I got some PE-65612 sample in hand, But I'm not sure if this transformer has a requirement of 50-100 pcs here. >_<

Hi dnewma04,
This controller did not support shiga-clone, shiga-clone has a ALL IN ONE DSP LC78601, this DSP can not be control by other MCU.

regards
Lu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.