• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Group Buy Salas UltraFSP RIAA

Joined 2006
Paid Member
In this case they are connected in series so it won't hurt if you mix them up in the build. But for storing them its good to be marked. Tiny glass Zeners are difficult to read.

I was more concerned the visually impaired like myself would put two 15v in one channel and two 12v in the other.

Good investment for this building process is loupe or magnifying glass of similar strength.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
I too haven’t the best eyesight anymore...
Being a swiss, I most of the time play „horloger“ (watchmaker), and wear those funny looking magnifying glasses in front of my glasses...
otherwise I‘d never been able to read 12 or 15 on the zener. (But hey, now I know they’re marked [emoji16]...

You’re both really good peoples!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was more concerned the visually impaired like myself would put two 15v in one channel and two 12v in the other.

Good investment for this building process is loupe or magnifying glass of similar strength.

Valid concern. It could indeed happen between channels. One other way I found handy to inspect tiny letters and digits on components is to use the mobile phone's camera, especially in macro mode. Strong enough ambient light helps the camera's sensor further. Some phones are very good for macro and some are mediocre or non equipped.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
...Two examples that I just shot with my OnePlus 7T Android phone. For iPhone and other phones there are external macro lens on adapters offered by third party manufacturers on eBay etc.

Attachments

• IN4148.jpg
    IN4148.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 308
  • 2SC2547.jpg
    2SC2547.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 319
Joined 2006
Paid Member
The Group buy for Salas boards is now open and will close on April 11 at 11:59PM ESTI am starting to send out invoices to previous group buy purchasers.
I will be sending out private messages as well with instructions as well in the next few days.Please be sure that your spreadsheet cell meets your requirements, then read the instructions in the group buy FAQ in my signature. Things have changed for all UK buyers and shipping costs have increased and shipping times increased.

Once complete, reply to my private message with required information.
Private message me with any instructions. I assume you know what your ordering and have components not ordered to complete project.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
This is the last week to pre-order boards for the group buy.

The Group buy for Salas boards is now open and will close on April 11 at 11:59PM EST. I am starting to send out invoices to previous group buy purchasers.
I will be sending out private messages as well with instructions as well in the next few days. Please be sure that your spreadsheet cell meets your requirements, then read the instructions in the group buy FAQ in my signature. Things have changed for all UK buyers and shipping costs have increased and shipping times increased.

Once complete, reply to my private message with required information.
Private message me with any instructions. I assume you know what your ordering and have components not ordered to complete project.

Hello Salas, Tea and forum,

many thanks for the support.
The UFSP is up and running. First had Jantzen Silver coupling caps in and replaced them after 50 hours with CMRs.
If anyone is interested in a cap and component review, I'll give the phonopre some burning time and will start.
My system is perhaps interesting for the one and other.
Aleph J clone and p2p Transcendent Sound tube phono clone into Tang Band 1772 TQWT. Everything diy.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi

Congratulations for your successful build. We are always happy to know more about in system experiences. Especially when fully diy made. Better post about that in the main Simplistic Njfet Riaa phono thread where most builds are shown. For coherence of content.