• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
DHL missed their delivery for today and can't/won't tell me where it is. I have requested delivery tomorrow during normal business hours. I am not impressed with DHL right now as it cleared customs Wednesday. Arrived at the sorting facility around 6:15 AM today and seems to have disappeared. The tracking info has not changed from this morning when I first checked. Customer service is trying to tell me it just arrived in Hamilton (around 7 PM my time), yet the tracking information does not support that.

Right now I'm cautious but getting worried. I hate being lied to.

-Chris

Edit: Just checked and the information has not changed since 06:13 hours today. I think they lost it or destroyed it. :scared:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
@ jasse,

Aren’t you the Grinch?

This RTX6001 is a hard money commercial product, with a user’s manual.

There was a post stating that we users with 120V power would need to supply our own power cords, change the input voltage selector and change the fuses. I say to myself okay. I look up the manufacture’s specification for the fuse. Knowing that folks both 240V and 120V purchase from Mouser and Digikey I looked up the specified part. Neither Mouser nor Digikey had items that matched the specification. Being the good construction manager that I am, I put in a RFI (request for information).

If I were Santa I would leave you a lump of coal.

DT

According to Jens all units shipped configured for 230V with 325mA fuses fitted, included is a set of replacement 650mA fuses for 120V operation. The fuse used is a slow blow 5 x 20mm rated at 650mA IIRC.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
DHL missed their delivery for today and can't/won't tell me where it is. I have requested delivery tomorrow during normal business hours. I am not impressed with DHL right now as it cleared customs Wednesday. Arrived at the sorting facility around 6:15 AM today and seems to have disappeared. The tracking info has not changed from this morning when I first checked. Customer service is trying to tell me it just arrived in Hamilton (around 7 PM my time), yet the tracking information does not support that.

-Chris

Edit: Just checked and the information has not changed since 06:13 hours today. I think they lost it or destroyed it. :scared:

Relax, very likely it will be delivered soon. DHL has handled transformer shipments from Monolith Magnetics, and we are talking in the range of 5X the cost of the RTX and they have not lost anything yet. Most likely customer service is telling you the truth, the tracking tool sometimes hickups..

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'll keep the faith until tomorrow. If the tracking tool hasn't been updated tomorrow AM, I will be calling customer service. I even prepaid the taxes for it, about $182. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it could be.

I better crash. I've been waiting all day for it to show up as they estimated today for delivery. I feel a bit over-stressed.

At least my new parka showed up today (a day early)! It is really nice and warm. I made a good choice since I bought it online, sight unseen. One thing you can be certain of. Buying winter gear from a sporting goods store will get you the most comfortable clothes. Hunters will not accept being cold! I bet a picture of me in it with my Sako rifle would look pretty natural! It's pretty cheap for a Parka (they normally run >$900), this one only cost about $350. I'll have it for decades, so warmth will work out to about $20 a year.

Now I'm in a better mood!

-Chris

According to Jens all units shipped configured for 230V with 325mA fuses fitted, included is a set of replacement 650mA fuses for 120V operation. The fuse used is a slow blow 5 x 20mm rated at 650mA IIRC.

@ kevinkr,

Thank you the fuses were sorted a couple of days ago. In fact I received a package of them today from amazon. I ordered them just prior to the post saying that both sets fuses are shipped with the instrument.

The only thing to worry about now is the Grinch taking the package from anatech’s porch tomorrow.

DT

Last edited:

-Chris

Maybe your dog scare him off.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
No doubt!
The last tracking information shows another customs clearance type note at 06:48 today. It seems to say they are having a problem in customs clearance. I doubt the issue is with the manufacturer. I'd be willing to bet that someone made an error(s) in clearing the item.

I requested that the item be delivered during normal business hours today. Apparently they deliver to residences after hours and up until 21:00. Looking at the tracking trail, it seems that DHL completely messed up as it has been in customs since Wednesday morning. Interesting since they were able to assess the duties and taxes while the RTX was locked away in a corner somewhere. Those fees are already paid and charged to my Visa card. Finding the place where you can pre-pay DHL is ridiculously difficult, so I resorted to having the representative talk me though the web site, so she gave me a short cut.
DHL | My Payment | English
This will probably work in any country by changing the suffix, ".ca" to your own country. Try and find that on their site!

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi kannan_s,
Normally yes, I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me to receive a bill for duty in 30 days. The surprise bill. Especially handy for parts for a repair.

DHL is now trying to tell me it will deliver on Monday, but they have had custody of it since Wednesday. Not very impressive. No one can say why it has been held up, so that in itself is cause for concern. They may have destroyed the packaging and are running around trying to figure out what to do.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.