• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine, looks good.

Some quick test signals

y938A32.png

1L4OuBE.png

883zOTn.png

Last edited:
Now that is even more confusing.

I am good with changing the voltage selection.

Not so good with the fuses.

The manual appears to show 325ma not 630ma for the 230V selection and 630ma for the 115V selection.

I am even more unsure about slow or fast.

Please a part number?

DT
The line with bold font is a bit surprising to find in a DIY (= do it yourself) forum :D

USB3 woes

I received and tested my unit today as well.

The RTX audio control panel and attenuator applets functioned properly. However, attempting to perform a measurement within Arta resulted in an ASIO error "Unable to initialize buffers, hardware failure".

Having observed intermittent data dropout phenomenon with my Motu 896 mk3 when connected to a USB3 port, I moved the RTX6001 from a dedicated USB3 port to an unused USB2 port. Subsequently, measurements could be successfully taken via the RTX6001 using Arta and REW.

Most of the equipment on my bench is connected to the host via USB3 hubs, to allow automation. Apparently however, some audio devices are not good 'USB3 citizens'.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Perhaps it could be the USB3 hardware in the hub or your computer, my six year old Dell laptop exhibited similar USB3 port misbehavior with audio devices, hard drives and memory sticks that worked sporadically or not at all. My year old HP laptop has only USB3 ports which work without any drama with all of the previously intermittent devices.

Renasas µPD720201

The host PC is an older Dell desktop (i2700, 3.4 GHz). To support connection to instrumentation via USB connections, I purchased this PCIe card which had decent Amazon reviews and employs the Renasas µPD720201 host controller.

Apparently, not the best possible choice. Do any of you have experience with a more reliable PCIe -based USB3 host controller?

If it doesn't have an Intel controller I would stay away, though you could try an ASMedia card now that you've tried a Renesas. There is no benefit to running this device in a 3.0 port though so I would just stick with the 2.0 ports controlled by the Intel controller in the PCH. The Renesas controller is known to be a poor performer as well.

Aren’t you the Grinch?

The line with bold font is a bit surprising to find in a DIY (= do it yourself) forum :D

@ jasse,

Aren’t you the Grinch?

This RTX6001 is a hard money commercial product, with a user’s manual.

There was a post stating that we users with 120V power would need to supply our own power cords, change the input voltage selector and change the fuses. I say to myself okay. I look up the manufacture’s specification for the fuse. Knowing that folks both 240V and 120V purchase from Mouser and Digikey I looked up the specified part. Neither Mouser nor Digikey had items that matched the specification. Being the good construction manager that I am, I put in a RFI (request for information).

If I were Santa I would leave you a lump of coal.

DT

Status
Not open for further replies.