• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeat the FFT's

DualT,
could you give details of the test procedure so that we can duplicate for our cables and the RTX6001?
If you want to repeat the FFT's much of the information is listed on the test plots; FFT length 65536 pts, number of averages 25, see the plots for all the test data.

The DUT was a GE 40L6682 .68UF PP capacitor soldered in series with a Vishay Dale RN60D8250F reference resistor, metal film 1% 825R. Nothing special, just items that came out of a 1 gallon size Ziploc bag that I have used in recent breadboard projects. (Surplus stuff)

The test leads are BNC on one end and red and black microclips on the other end. (Standard stuff) I have found that DUT’s just laying around on the bench pick up interference from power supplies, led lights and whatever. To minimize the interference I put the DUT and most of the length of the test leads inside a steel 12”X12”X4” NEMA Type 1 Enclosure. (Also Surplus stuff, $10)

Both input and output black microclips attach to the free end of the capacitor. The red input microclip attaches near the solder joint between the resistor and the capacitor. The red output microclip attaches to the free end of the resistor. (Typical component test stuff)

There you have it. I ran the FFT with the Brand X USB. I was disappointed with the interference. I swapped in the Tripp Lite USB and you see the results in the previous post.

Note the QA401 analyzer uses the USB for both power and signal, the RTX only uses the USB for signal.

Surplus stuff is the name of the surplus store.

DT

Last edited:
fuses are T0.63 250V

@jensH

Assuming that we here in the US will need to change the input voltage to 110V-120V and change the fuses. The RTX6001 user’s manual says “For 110V to 120V operation the fuses are T0.63 250V.”

To help me keep the smoke inside the unit will you please call out a Mouser or Digikey part number that meets that specification.

I searched both Mouser and Digikey for “T0.63 250V” no parts were returned for the search.

Thanks
DT

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@DualTriode,
The RTX6001 comes with two 630 mA fuses, even for units going to countries using 230 V. All units are set up for 230 V operation when shipped. So users in countries using 115 V will have to select a different operating voltage and change the two fuses.

@ergo,
No, we have not sent out all GB invoices yet. We have around 30 units ready for shipping. It will still take a while to get all units ready. I expect that we will send out additional invoices this week.

@DualTriode,
The RTX6001 comes with two 630 mA fuses, even for units going to countries using 230 V. All units are set up for 230 V operation when shipped. So users in countries using 115 V will have to select a different operating voltage and change the two fuses.

snip...

Now that is even more confusing.

I am good with changing the voltage selection.

Not so good with the fuses.

The manual appears to show 325ma not 630ma for the 230V selection and 630ma for the 115V selection.

I am even more unsure about slow or fast.

Please a part number?

DT

Joined 2009
Paid Member
For 230 V operation you don't need to change anything. Just plug in the power and turn it on. The pre-fitted fuses are 315 mA T (Slow Blow / Time Delay).

For 115 V operation you need to change the voltage setting and replace the fuses with the supplied 630 mA fuses.

We have chosen to do it this way to avoid keeping track of which units should go where. Shipping units set up for 115 V could create problems, if ending up in a 230 V supply area.
Connecting a 230 V unit to 115 V will not cause any major issues, except that it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.