• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tripp Lite USB cable

I believe the manual states that the only thing in the box is the analyzer, USB and power cables are needed. Also you will probably need to reset the mains voltage if you are in North America.

I am fairly cable agnostic particularly when it comes to things like USB cables as long as they comply with the standard. So if as you say "there was a world of difference" you need to provide us with either anecdotal evidence like: "the device actually worked reliably" or a more qualitative assessment like: "the SFDR improved by 12dB at 15kHz" or "the noise floor dropped 3dB or more over a 20kHz bandwidth"

Some details about the cable that proved superior would be helpful too so that if this is real the rest of us can cause a run on that particular cable.. :D As written I would assume the Tripp Lite product was inferior which would surprise me given my experience with their products and the engineering rigor which AP is noted for.
Yes the Tripp Lite USB made a world of difference. The usb came in a box from Audio Precision. The Tripp Lite USB cable looks like this one.

Amazon.com: Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed A/B Cable with Ferrite Chokes (M/M) 6-ft. (U023-006): Electronics

The other USB was a random, Brand X, cable from the surplus store.

The Brand X USB is the door to what looks like computer power supply noise.

The Tripp Lite USB cable does not allow any of this interference.

See the attached QA401 FFT plots. (GE 0.68 uf PP cap)

DT

Attachments

• with trip lite.png
    with trip lite.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 294
  • with Brand X.png
    with Brand X.png
    72 KB · Views: 297
Could you tell me the name you used for the recipient.

I went to HSBC this morning but was not able to make the transfer, as they need the name of the recipient and the account name is not specified in the invoice.

The recipient that I used:

RTX A/S

But I am not sure whether this is the correct one.

I accidentally found out that the bank teller was not using "RTX A/S"
as recipient when I asked him whether the computer accepts company name with "/".
It seems that the teller regarded it as a personal transfer instead of a transfer to a company.

I am not sure who pay the transaction charge oversea (of course, I paid the local transaction charge). To save time, I paid it too.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You need a B-connector for the RTX6001, so the A/B cable from the link above should be OK.
The type of cable is described in the Quick Start Guide and in the User Manual. In these documents it is stated that a cable is supplied with the unit. This is not correct though for the GB units.

Since the USB interface on the RTX6001 is isolated from the rest of the unit, I don't think that the ferrites on the cable will make much difference, if any at all. But of course, it never hurts to have ferrites on the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.