• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jens,

Out of curiosity, what happens if DHL lost or destroyed my unit? Can a replacement be purchased under the same conditions of the group buy?

-Chris

I have packages sit at customs with DHL all the time. Their actual delivery service is great, other than their fear of ancient dogs. I've had hundreds of parcels delivered and have had nothing more than a crumpled corner on cardboard boxes, no damage to contents ever. Their customs service leaves a lot to be desired though. If there is anything at all confusing to the person looking at the paperwork the parcel sits in storage for a couple days until they can bother to figure out what's wrong with the paperwork. All customs charges are normally paid up front, no surprise fees later. They prefer to hold your part until all ransom fees are paid.

In the first post of this group buy it is stated:
For this group buy the analyzer is delivered without cables.

Likewise, no calibration report is delivered for group buy units.

Jens

Yes, you are right, I missed that, but on the contrary, on page 2 of the Quick Start Guide is stated something else, as in the attached jpg.

Attachments

• QSG_page2.jpg
    QSG_page2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 352
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jeff,
Well, thanks for letting me know. The way I left it with them is that a rush service was paid for and I expect the parcel to show up a little late, not a lot late. Because no one could tell me what was wrong, I have asked to have a call back from an "expert". This is supposed to happen within two hours.

They tried to tell me they just received the package late yesterday, but their own tracking system confirms they received it Wednesday. Why even bother to lie about that? I'll post again if there is a resolution to the problem. They should be able to make this delivery happen. BTW, I paid all their fees on Thursday and they acknowledge that. I did give them the option of delivering on Saturday. This should be possible if they could have delivered on Monday.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
They will discover that they were put on this earth to entertain me if they try that. I fully expect no call, then the chase and finally "well, we can't do anything about it now" type of response. I expect this because of my dealings with two of their agents so far.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm not sure why your experience with DHL is so different from mine. I get a text with delivery options a day or two before it is to be delivered, and I select the delivery option I want and that's it. Since it is almost always a high value item I generally arrange to be home for the delivery.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kevin,
I think someone made a mistake and they are covering up. Getting the parcel here means they have to spend money, and they don't want to do that.

I was told that they only deliver on Saturdays for businesses, then they said they can't because they are closed. So, I am a business and have been inflexible on delivery. They are going to deliver it tomorrow they say. They did offer that I could travel to Hamilton and pick it up myself (which means it is there currently).

The current claim is that the package was in Frankfurt and they aren't sure if it hit Canada yet, but I know it has been sitting here since Wednesday. All monies have been paid, so there is zero reason to delay the package. I've been told the RTX is in various places in Canada since Thursday and today it magically hasn't arrived in Canada yet. Two new entries appeared today in the tracking list showing as of Thursday it is in Germany still.

One of two things will happen. Either it appears tomorrow, or it shows up Monday. It is really just a case of money they don't want to part with, that's all. No matter when it shows up, I am not impressed with them. Now it's just a case of how annoyed I'll be.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.