• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Alan,
No, she was home Friday as well.

DHL update.
They currently have no idea where the package is or if customs had released it (they did on Wednesday). They were going to deliver it today, but no one showed up. Then I was told they don't deliver on Saturdays, but they do on Sundays (yeah - right!). Therefore I requested the package arrive first thing on Monday morning.

Now for the fun stuff. On Friday, two "scans" appeared showing the package was in Frankfurt, Germany and later that day back in Ontario. They are using that to say that it is a computer problem. I don't believe that. Now the telephone tracking application tells me the package has left the DHL facility and no one knows just where it is. I have paid the duties and taxes already, and they indicated that the package was released to be delivered on Friday. So the promise for Saturday was a bust, I suspect the Sunday delivery is a "misdirection" and we'll have to see on Monday morning. Interestingly, the supervisor who told me to call her today at 1 PM doesn't work on Saturdays, and her voice mailbox is full.

This company has lied to me at every turn to cover up one mistake by someone.

If there is anyone in North America who has received their RTX, I would like to compare what their tracking scans show with mine. Just PM me if you are comfortable doing that. I won't be revealing the tracking information or any other information to DHL, but I do want to see what normal is and where the exception has taken place.

This has been thoroughly disappointing and unpleasant. All the lying has convinced me not to use DHL as a service in the future unless I am forced to. Lying seems to be part of DHL's corporate culture as everyone above the CSRs have used this tactic to stall looking after the problem instead of resolving it.

I'm pretty pissed as you can tell, I just got off the phone with the latest supervisor.

-Chris

It's not worth getting too stressed about what they tell you on the phone. They have no clue, and are just there to feed you BS to put the fires out.

It seems every step of the shipment process needs to be documented with them. If some slacker forgets to enter some info in the system and it's discovered a couple day later, they enter it then and it looks like your parcel moved, even though it's still sitting there waiting for the customs department to figure out what is wrong with the paperwork. I see my parcels hop back and forth between here and China quite often, sometimes after I've already received it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jeff,
Yes, it would be impossible for the packages to move that quickly. They appeared on Friday to support what customer service told me. It was too obvious that they were placed there.

I'm working on something, so I have calmed down. I'll sort this out on Monday. If it is one thing I can't stand for, it's being lied to. They did that several times. I'll be talking to management on Monday.

Compared to what I saw in a US scan trail, they are just a bunch of cowboys here. Loose and wild.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
What runaround is that? LOL It arrived and you've paid the customs duties and brokerage fees already so I would assume everything is all set, but apparently it is not.

I am not sure when mine is going to ship with the newly identified issue, but once I know I will have to plan to be home on delivery day.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kevin,
There's a little matter of me waiting a day for DHL when they weren't going to show up, calls I didn't get when they were scheduled (I was told) and all the lies. I figure management should know they caused a problem and I wasn't very happy with them.

Am I happy it made it here? Yes. But I won't have a chance to work with it now for a few days instead of having a couple days with no pressure to figure things out. They wasted my time, two days actually when they said it would arrive.

I'll bet the driver knew I was pissed because he ran up, rang the doorbell and was in his truck by the time I reached the door. I wasn't going to give him a hard time. It's the guys in suits I have my sights set on.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've resigned myself to these sorts of problems particularly with UPS, but I have generally had little reason to complain lately. DHL has been fine here and I get a sms txt message typically 48 hours before delivery asking for delivery instructions which is better than the others in that regard.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kevin,
Looking at the tracking information that DHL uses in the USA and comparing it to what I get in Canada you can see why they are so confused up here. There is zero detail here, and the information changes from day to day on previously posted events. That's not cool and it would certainly challenge their ISO status. Or it should ...

-Chris

I'll bet the driver knew I was pissed because he ran up, rang the doorbell and was in his truck by the time I reached the door.

They usually don not even ring the door over here. They just sneak to the letterbox and leave their little piece of crap paper, then run away and escape in their truck. Yes, I have seen them doing it from my window, but was too slow to do anything.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have always had very good service with DHL. Their combo txt messaging and web based tracking seems very accurate and all my deliveries from Asia have been fast and accurate. One time a vendor sent my item to the wrong address (perhaps another customer). Tracking showed it arrived promptly but to the wrong address and it was signed received and kept. Vendor would not admit his mistake and said he never sent mine yet and gave me a new tracking number. So 5 more days waiting for package from China. But I could tell it was not DHL’s fault.

Looking forward to hearing user reviews of this instrument. Interestingly, I just got a portable digital audio player - Cayin N3 that has the same DAC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.