• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Prasi,

Here is the list of people who would like to buy BH EL84 PCBs with Nicon F added with unknown quantity. Are you considering another GB? If so, I think there might be more takers if you make it known that you are doing another GB.

Hellbender BHEL84-2nos
Outriding BHEL84-2 (one stereo set)
tomlang BHEL84 - 2 nos.
nikon-f BHEL84 - ?

That's why I would like to talk to him and pay for the amendments for the PCB, then in case take care of doing myself the GB.
But before doing the GB I will for sure build one and perform full tests.

There are some minor modifications to optimize and simplify the amp, then one major to manage the feedback.

Ciao Francois,
I understand your point. Would it be better here or on original threads?
I will duplicate privately in order to simplify the reading to Prasi.
Hello Zintolo,
sorry for not watching the updates here. pl post hereitself the changes you want me to include, lets see if i can do it and revise the design.
regards
prasi

Prasi,

Here is the list of people who would like to buy BH EL84 PCBs with Nicon F added with unknown quantity. Are you considering another GB? If so, I think there might be more takers if you make it known that you are doing another GB.

Hellbender BHEL84-2nos
Outriding BHEL84-2 (one stereo set)
tomlang BHEL84 - 2 nos.
nikon-f BHEL84 - ?
Hello Francois,
lets see the updates by zintolo and improvement in layout by DCH. I think we can go for GB if aforementioned things materialize
regards
prasi

Hi Prasi

I’m wondering why the tubes sockets are on the wrong side of the PCB...this is bad but I know it’s not you that work on the original PCB.
I bought 4 of these EL84 PCBs not knowing about this...I just found out...that’s a shame.

Picture shown below is an example on how it should be, the pin number must be clockwise.

BR
Eric

Attachments

• 49CE52CA-5B02-49B9-AF9C-2A77E552DE9A.png
    49CE52CA-5B02-49B9-AF9C-2A77E552DE9A.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 92
Joined 2004
Paid Member
e_fortier,

Sorry to hear about the problem, but I’m a bit puzzled by the issue your experienced. I see that you ordered the EL84 PCBs at the same time as I did (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/gb-for-baby-huey-pcb.312869/page-34#post-5615590). Prasi sent the PCBs marked “Rev 1.6, Nov 25, 2018” which I used it and did not see a problem. The sockets go on the printed side of the PCB - is that what you mean by “the sockets are on the wrong side”?

Most common tube amp pcb allows the builder to easily put the tubes outside the enclosure. (Look at DIYtube PCBs) This EL84 PCBs have the tube sockets on the components side which is odd. You could of course build the amp but it will have to be in a well ventilated enclosure since you have the tubes inside the enclosure.
You could put the sockets on the components side and put most of the big components on the other side.

All I’m saying is the pcb for the EL84 and EL34 should not have their tube sockets on the components side unless the silkscreen for all the components and connectors are on both sides of the PCBs.

BR
Eric

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user