GAYA2-Final, finishing the unfinished after 15 years

@ctrlx Here is a collection in VituixCad of all 10 impedance curves.
PTT8.0X08-NAB-02-SN004104-20230725-Impedances-Wool-VituixCAD Impedance.png

Note, the wiggles in low frequencies is from the working table when i touch the computer mouse to click ;-)

Reactions: 1 user
Here is a VituixCAD project file with the impedance data enclosed as overlays, and the separate ZMA files also:

In the W000 impedance the primary modes of the cabinet are well visible, and are very quickly damped. What remains at around 400-500 Hz is most likely panel resonances of the test-cabinet. The TIB measurement in W000 shows this also:
TIB-Test02-20230722-M03.png

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    125.1 KB · Views: 34
A quick analysis of the distortion measurements using STEPS (at 2.83V, measured at 30cm) , shows an issue in the range 200-600Hz with a peak at ~ 390Hz.
STEPS-PTT8-W900-20230723-M03.PNG

A assume it is a mechanical thing, cabinet resonance or something like that. Typically most pronounced in the uneven harmonics. It looks like it correlates with TIB measurement and with the impedance measurement.
To be continued.

yellow is long fibre wool (LFW)

red is Bonded Acetate Fiber (BAF)

note that bubble wrap beats both, above 1KHz
Thanks for the explanation.
BAF is indeed quite poor, we used to put the blankets with the side facing the driver, to get a bit better damping.
Long haired wool, aka baileys long haired wool i never used. I did trst carding of the wool we used, but that was quite poor in damping.

Reactions: 1 user
I took some time off to check.
checked the bolts etc.
It is the cabinet itself. I have also a tweeter mounted in the box, and that when connected as source shows similar strong exitation when tapping on a panel.
The cabinet is only ment to test the wool and how much of it.
So not a big deal, other than to watch for it when mounted in the final enclosure.