Frugel-Horn Mk3

Anyhow, my mind has drifted to thoughts of building something with a little more bottom end for the listening position shown - Lotus or Lotus ^ 2. It is fun, this speaker building malarkey! Where should I direct a few questions please?
Thanks to all here for so much inspiration.

How about the FH-XL? With a suitable driver that design is capable of providing plenty of low end oomph.

Hey everybody,
Thanks for all your suggestions re FHXL etc. I finally got some FE126En's to go into the FH3's shown in the pics earlier (+ ACA's) and had a first listen today. As expected, bass rather light, pulled well way from corners, baffles a few inches in front of screen. But every other aspect of the sound is wonderful. I let my mother have a listen, she went straight for the Buble CD's. I had to concede that it was very exciting listening to him and his band! Not sure about home cinema though - perhaps a bit delicate. Anyway, I have a much better frame of reference now for my next project. It will be interesting to try them in a more optimal location downstairs.
One slight problem - quite bit more hum because of increased sensitivity of speakers. Think I have a ground loop between CD and ACA's somewhere. Drat!
Cyril

chrisb, yes, I'm sure you're right. To be honest, I wouldn't really want to throw those deep bass rumbles at them, it would feel like bullying. PS, are there any particular run in recommendations for these drivers, I couldn't find anything on that in the forums. Obviously there's lots of stuff on the Mark Audio drivers needing delicate handling initially.