FET-hex explendit amplifier

Mr Abetir, this is changes in components?:confused::rolleyes:
P.S.
Hole on components (resistors, capacitors and transistors BC...) on PCB for the drill 1mm no for 0.7mm?!
It will be alright!;)
thank you!

OK, the 2x1N4148/10R combo was the ground lifter I omitted the signal diodes and retain 10R to save space (also not so critical). The 2200uf 6.3v was Lazy Cats original, 1000uf or 2200uf are both valid. 10uf 63v MKP bypass caps is optional, install them if you want (expensive though) without them it's still OK. Small signal trannies BC546B are higher voltage type but they are the same family as BC560C (low voltage, high gain). The 4x220uf 50v filter caps in the pcb represents both C5 & C6 as well as C11,C12 etc...You can use 470uf as with the schematic as long as the board can accomodate it. Lastly, the output zobel network (another omission to save pcb space) can be attached to the speaker terminals. This is a personal preference (me of course :D;)).

Sorry for the confusion, also take note of Borys correction posted above. Hope it helps!

BTW Use 0.8mm drillbit for the resistors, trannies and e-caps, 1mm for bigger pins ( e.g. 1N diodes, 5w resistors etc.)

Hi, i just finished the versatil casing. Initialy i have bought to SMPS300RE but i have an issue with them as they induce the light bulb tester turn on. So i go for Capacitance multiplier as i had some board and trafo in stock. Versatil 50 is yet feeded in mono configuration : 1x 300Va 2x25Vac + Capmu per amp board. Varsatil is bias @ 55mA. All capacitor are new and need some time break in but the few listening session i made since yesterday evening let me think that versatil will take place in my listen room for a while...may be juste replaced by a 110W/8R 3 output pair version. I join you some pictures. Case is a commercial one since i have no time to begin from scratch. I have no soft start as Capmu as this proprity. I have just a 12V little power supply for DC protect and trafo relay on

Attachments

• P1060201.JPG
    P1060201.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • P1060188.JPG
    P1060188.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,018
  • P1060192.JPG
    P1060192.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,033
  • P1060189.JPG
    P1060189.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 1,012
Last edited:
.............Initialy i have bought to SMPS300RE but i have an issue with them as they induce the light bulb tester turn on. ...........
The light bulb tester allows one to check for wiring errors without blowing up the house and your equipment.

It will not let an SMPS run.
As the SMPS sees a high source impedance it draws more current to make up the total POWER draw.
eg a 240Vac powered smps will draw 1A for a 240W input and give ~ 220W output.
The same SMPS powered from 120Vac will draw 2A for a 240W input to give the same ~220W of output.

DON'T use a bulb tester to run an SMPS.

SMPS have an NTC built in to limit start up current draw.
The bulb tester is a PTC !!!!!!!!!

Idefixes a pleasure to see your top notch handwork, congratulation and thanks for posting. Because you posted over at LC's VSSA about the SMPS i think of some easy test setups to try for bettering your Versatil. Thinking of input filter and PSU voltage 45V which both i think may influence sound quite much. Modify input as in picture, it makes nearly a copy of LC's input, and try connect SMPS300 to Versatil to get it at 45V.

Attachments

• Input.PNG
    Input.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 725
Idefixes a pleasure to see your top notch handwork, congratulation and thanks for posting. Because you posted over at LC's VSSA about the SMPS i think of some easy test setups to try for bettering your Versatil. Thinking of input filter and PSU voltage 45V which both i think may influence sound quite much. Modify input as in picture, it makes nearly a copy of LC's input, and try connect SMPS300 to Versatil to get it at 45V.

Thanks Brytt for advice i will try it on proto.

Marc

BYRTT but VSSA is better! :D

no no best is "First One" (maybe FO little inspired from Versatil read buffer for output device and first published on Idefixes pre Versatil thread :)).
Cancel first line you're right LC, and the fastest config (widebander) of the published ones here in domain i think, thank you for bring it to us.

Thanks Brytt for advice i will try it on proto

Having followed Idefixes great diy skills just makes me think that to compare they need same dymamic voltage elastic, and input filter may also make difference, earlier this thread Boris note it could be DC coupled by omitting C1. Think GB VSSA still win soundwise because of speed and clever CCS + layout by LC. But beauty of diy PCB's, zeal and handwork by Idefixes is hard to stand. Thank you both.

Last edited:
In fact, even if will swap versatil by vssa in actual case it never signify death of versatil, just the time to purchase a new case as i will keep vesatil together. So your suggested modifications have all my attention.
Differences between Versatil and Vssa are very subtiles so all this schematic familly are topnotch. Versatil has a another major feature over VSSA as for it can be easy upsacle in power and current capacity for diyboys...

Marc

So Brytt suggested mod is done....and he was rigth : input cap suppression is another premium mod to do. Versatil reach VSSA calrity and sound stage level, but at first i fouded he lost some weight in lower end so i remember me what i done on VSSA that had same lower end presentation : i bypass mur160/10R on both supply rail between before input CCS. This mod produce same effect as on VSSA : nice lower end were back. Yet i am unable to make difference between VSSA and Versatil. Conclusion next Versatil generation will have no input cap and no mr160/10R combo on Vrail.

Marc