F6 Amplifier

yup , that' ZM in da corner

same as on my avatar

:clown:

Bravo Zen Mod. Your schematic has several important characteristics:
  • The Left and Right amps are mirror images. The schematic has a High Degree of Symmetry.
  • The output port of each buffer is a [new] differencing junction.Two signals [In and feedback] are out phase and are added to generate an error signal .
  • This error signal drives the gate of the lower JFET, and also the attendant transformer coil.
  • The error signal [e.g. from the right buffer] is transmitted to the coil of the upper JFET via transformer action.
I'll hand draw a replica of your schematic and examine its potential to cancel distortion at its output ports.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
buzz - tnx to (nasty) Mithrandir

gollumgollum

Attachments

• Mithrandir.jpg
    Mithrandir.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 251
flg. you are suggesting to use the power output port of the right-side amp to feedback the left-side amp. And to use the power output port of the left side amp to feedback the right-side amp. Thus the input signal to each buffer and its "bridge" feedback signal are in phase for the purpose of differencing.
If you look at 1 side of the diff signal, and at the output of that side it is the same phase, you don't have a negative signal for feedback. But, you can feed the other input with that signal because it is opposite phase. And the opposite phase output can be feed back to the 1st input because it is opposit phase. It is certainly easier when driving with a diff amp F.E. but I'm thinking this could be done with the xfrmr configuration. I need to go back a page and read all the stuff since I was here last...
And, I think we should remember that susy works best with matched suff. As matched as possible will enhance susy also.

Last edited:
If you look at 1 side of the diff signal, and at the output of that side it is the same phase, you don't have a negative signal for feedback. But, you can feed the other input with that signal because it is opposite phase. And the opposite phase output can be feed back to the 1st input because it is opposit phase. It is certainly easier when driving with a diff amp F.E. but I'm thinking this could be done with the xfrmr configuration. I need to go back a page and read all the stuff since I was here last...
And, I think we should remember that susy works best with matched suff. As matched as possible will enhance susy also.
I look forward to your answer.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
this time , level shifters alog with integrated biasing , will became too much complicated;

Vbe multiplier will do , however , flowing through secondary

you'll need some sort of clamping to gnd , to maintain DC offset where it must be

looking at Mithrandir's work , it seems entire complication is not worth price of few Silmics bypassed with proper MKC