F5m kit

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Never used it (DC protection) here with the many Pass clone amps Ive had. All but the F6 are still running. I used its case and power supply
for Aleph J. Most of my builds have the CL-60 setup for inrush. I did follow 6l6's build guide instructions and used the store delay in my BA3 amp.. Both work fine.

Hi coffee-fan
I have built the F5 several years ago. Sound was amazing. No noises when I switched it on or off. What, when it blows? Then you have 28V DC going directly to your loudspakers. In the end I returned to my Yamaha MX-2 which sounds quite good and has a very good protection circuit (tested it involuntary).

One of my next projects will be a F5M. I will add a Ls-protection circuit - for peace of mind. They are much cheaper than any loudspeaker in case of failure. Yes I am a coward. I can happily live with this.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Is this a mistake?

_

Attachments

• redwire.png
    redwire.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 150
I must apologize. I did not disclose the fact that a top cover was not included in the purchase of my enclosure, and my temps are achieved while going topless.
Have you tried a second test with a solid panel (cookie sheet, cardboard, whatever) place over the top for comparison. It seems to me that Imperfect as it is, simply sliding the panel over to allow a 5%, 10% etc opening may be helpful in laying out/buying a permanent lid. Cheers

Nice idea on the sheet pan. I cut aluminum by using a jig saw, then some clamps and a 2x4 for sanding a straight edge . I then use a belt sander (3x21or 3x24 is a good size) makes almost perfect results.Need to file the sharp edge with a file of course. I suppose a table saw with a metal blade would also work well. I assume one could use a masonite or plywood backer for thin gauges.

Reactions: 1 users