F3 Builders Thread

Looking for some genuine LU1014D FETs as I am planning to pick up the last set of group buy boards from Carsten. Seems to be difficult to get them and I hope NP can provide me couple of them for my build and F3 should pair well with my 8" Audio Nirvana drivers which are fairly sensitive :)

Thanks

Bit of a bump on this thread, but anyway :)
One of the channels of my f3 amp fails pretty much instantly. To make attempted repair easier, I've taken the amp apart. This separates it from bulky psu.

Can I test a single F3 channel with a 50V (maybe even just 30V) bench supply, linear or switching supply? Will make my life easier!
I really just need to identify the failing component - possibly a short somewhere ...

Last edited:
I actually had the amp running for a few years, then I think a drip of water caused a channel to fail. Have another amp, so the F3 was sitting idle.

Was about to sell it for parts, but then thought I'll take a crack at repairing it. Might pop back here every now and then for advice, as I've got no idea what the failing part is!

Quick update on the testing. I tested each channel with a bench supply, and all seems normal...

At 46V, each is drawing 1.6A. 1VAC in and about 4.6VAC out.

The only difference is that on power up, one channel draws 0 amp, then slowly ramps up to 1.6V, the other immediately jumps to 2A, then slowly comes down to 1.6A.

Could this surge trip my fuses? Each channel has a 1.25A slow blow (I think). Oh, and I'm on 240VAC. Dual mono supply.