F3 Builders Thread

Hi Carsten,

Gerbers (and Excellon drill files) attached.

A couple of notes:
  • All gerbers include the board outline.
  • The Edge.Cuts.gbr files are just the board outlines.
  • The Margin.gbr files are the dimensions (some board houses want these; some don't).
  • I generated the Excellon files in mm (the default is inches).
Let me know if you need anything different.

Cheers,
Jeff.

:)cop: see post #652 for latest files F3 Builders Thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the double-bridge board for the rectifiers. It contains gerbers as well, but if your board house does take the .kicad_pcb files, it's much easier (you only have to send them the single file per board).

Note that the board contains places for snubbers if you happen to have a Quasimodo. If not, you can leave them blank.

FWIW, I use Epcos/TDK B32529 MKTs for the snubber caps and VS-ETU3006FP-M3 30A FREDs for the diodes (which are insulated; if you use uninsulated ones you'll need mica/sil-pads/whatever).

Attachments

• Double Bridge.zip
    261.1 KB · Views: 277
Joined 2008
Paid Member
As I mentioned, I only appeared to have accidentally uploaded the file for your left F3 channel from my Apple device at Osh Park and got a quote. Having 3 new complete matching channels made by them would be too expensive even though I have extra single rail power supply boards from my F2 project.

I registered at Eurocircuits and when I browsed for the files I had unzipped I found several labeled “F3 right” with various sizes, dates suffix descriptions such as “cache” nd the like. I decided to select the most recent and largest file (185KB). It appeared to work.

The website generated an initial quote that I was able to modify. I changed the options you mentioned as described and got a second quote for about 64 Euro.

Since I’m completely inexperienced at this, I wanted to attach the pdf quote they generated to ask if everything looks as it should before ordering anything.

I’ve never attached a pdf to a post before. Hopefully this works.

Edit: Didn’t want my personal info visible...tried an edited screen shot.

Attachments

• 032C7D27-5C49-4622-B1A4-C5CF06E9AD51.png
    032C7D27-5C49-4622-B1A4-C5CF06E9AD51.png
    565.5 KB · Views: 728
Last edited:
Thanks for the offers, I may accept it, but i was thinking more like 10 devices as a minimum order. The reason is that i read some paper on distortion and global negative feedback recently and wanted to experiment with circuits.
I looked a little in papa's published goodies and found that the Zen Variant 8 had no feed back, Zen 9 had some, F3 probably have some too. These look like the best candidate to educate myself on the subject as they all use the same transistor.

Hi all,

only for EU ... I have 1 set left and only with tracking and as package, because the size of the board and to many "not arrived" from other projects.

One set (3 Boards) for 20€ + shipping

Thanks to Jeff and Mr. Pass!

[EDIT] If enough interest I think about a second run

Attachments

• IMG_3807_kl.jpg
    IMG_3807_kl.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 985
Last edited: