• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Extreme Open Baffle Active Speaker inspired by Linkwitz LX521

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 6 channel DSP-DA combo is in the making.

Attachments

• Dharma DSP.jpg
    Dharma DSP.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1,657
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Joachim,

That DSP-DA combo is exactly what I am planning to do. Can you tell us which modules you use in that DSP-DA combo?

Hehe, maybe I should jump in here:
it's a miniSHARC DSP from miniDSP plus 3 I2S input curryman DACs. In this case the so called AN_FP provides a stereo analog input (plus an additional stere output, so it's actually a 8ch DSP-DA combo :D) and the Vol_FP allows for (digital) volume control and preset selection (4 presets).

Since the miniSHARC board has a suboptimal interface for multiple I2S DACs (bit clock and word clock lines shared for several data lines, which is quite usual btw.) I made an adapter board providing four buffered I2S outputs. This adapter board furthermore features buffered and transformer isolated SPDIF input and output, since the miniSHARC board only has TTL level in/out. The adapter board is in beta test phase at the moment, Joachim getting the first prototype ;)

kind regards, Daniel
http://www.minidsp.com/products/minidspkits/vol-fp

I hear you.
But if the size of the room is not too tight, a gradual woofer roll-off, thoughtful placement and one or the other PEQ do the job in the modal region. Let alone Dipole woofers, which do not excite the lowest room modes (and that can be said for sure). That makes the DRC part of the package redundant.
Some people think DRC is panacea (i.e. it makes f...ed up speakers sound good in any closet), but it is not. It only makes those guys less rich :D

Since the miniSHARC board has a suboptimal interface for multiple I2S DACs (bit clock and word clock lines shared for several data lines, which is quite usual btw.) I made an adapter board providing four buffered I2S outputs. This adapter board furthermore features buffered and transformer isolated SPDIF input and output, since the miniSHARC board only has TTL level in/out. The adapter board is in beta test phase at the moment, Joachim getting the first prototype ;)

http://www.minidsp.com/products/minidspkits/vol-fp

That's exactly what I was looking for (properly buffered I2S)!:up:

Are you interested in another beta tester? :cheers:

Cheers,
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.