Exploring Purifi Woofer Speaker Builds

I would put them in small sealed boxes and use Linkwitz Transform to reach 30Hz (Q=0.5). This will work like a dream when listening close (bass SPL if of course limited). We have a prototype of a tiny box with two PRs and a T25B in the lab - jaws are dropping when people hear it. sounds like a floorstander
After getting close to buying some 6.5" speakers and PRs, then hanging out for news about the 8" I decide that what I needed (not what I WANTED) was a small set of easily movable speakers to replace a 20 litre mahogany clad existing set. But how small is small? 5-6 litres? Much smaller and the speakers would touching the PRs. Is there any more info on these "tiny box"speakers.

The SPK8 box is 23x16x20cm on the outside - inside volume is 4,.5 liter
It uses the PTT4.0X04-NFC-01 woofer, 2pcs PTT4.0PR-NF2-01 passive radiator and a T25B-6 tweeter
Attached is the app note in a preliminary version with filter, box drawings, alignemnt modeling and measuremnts

1649857222609.png

rgds
Kim

Attachments

• SPK8 - App Note 0.03.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,670
  • 1649857134229.png
    1649857134229.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 439
  • Thank You
Reactions: 5 users
The SPK8 box is 23x16x20cm on the outside - inside volume is 4,.5 liter
It uses the PTT4.0X04-NFC-01 woofer, 2pcs PTT4.0PR-NF2-01 passive radiator and a T25B-6 tweeter
Attached is the app note in a preliminary version with filter, box drawings, alignemnt modeling and measuremnts

View attachment 1044118

rgds
Kim
Hi Kim how come you have the Purifi 4: SPK8 when its not on the site. Do you have the SPK6 &7 too. Also I have total 2 nos

Dayton Audio - DS215-PR - 8" Designer Series Passive Radiator​

can I use the SPK8 box with 1 PR per box

regards
anand

Just curios -- would someone has an idea which Purify drivers might be a good upgrade for Siegfried Linkwitz LX521.4 open baffle speakers?
I know that SEAS specially designed few drivers for Siegfried, based on his engineering view.
Does it make sense to use Purify drivers in open baffle system?

Hi Kim how come you have the Purifi 4: SPK8 when its not on the site. Do you have the SPK6 &7 too. Also I have total 2 nos

Dayton Audio - DS215-PR - 8" Designer Series Passive Radiator​

can I use the SPK8 box with 1 PR per box

regards
anand
Hi Anad

As thtran303 wrote i am application manager in Purifi. i designed the filters for the SPK8, and made the app note.
Regarding diferent PR's i encurage you to get the VituixCad tool and model the speaker to see if the particular PR you have will fit.
Generally we recomend to have 2x the membarne area for the PR's so often the easiest way is to use 2PR for one active driver.
rgds
Kim

Reactions: 1 users