Exploring Purifi Woofer Speaker Builds

the 4 inch alu is shipping now so it’s should come to the web shop soon. we are switching to a new web platform so maybe it will come there. I will ask my colleagues
Not sure if it’s ever been considered… but 4” is a popular midrange size in European cars like BMWs, however they are depth limited applications. If you had a shallow 4” you could probably sell a lot of them :). Focal and others charge quite a bit for pedestrian drivers for this application.

Reactions: 1 user
tweeter: for the Munich show we hope to demo a 20L 2 way with 6.5X Alu +PR and an early tweeter prototype in a 147mm waveguide. The dispersion is unbelievable: constant DI and +-70deg beam width to 20k. Fully understood if you don’t believe it… crazy to listen in 80 or even 90 degrees. Bas is dead flat to 40Hz and F3 around 32.5Hz. Nice progress so far so hope we get them ready to the show.

Reactions: 15 users
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Alan March premiered a PTT8.0X0 design, albeit with SB Acoustics' SBTW29BNGW at the recent Australian Hi-FI Show held in Sydney

https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/features/771-australian-hi-fi-show-2023-part-1

20230411_125417-rotated.jpg

IIRC Alan used to hang around here as user BE718, (obviously a fan of the Usher BE718 speaker) but now he's started his own company, is he still around? Shout out and good luck Alan! Good on ya mate!

Last edited:
Alan March premiered a PTT8.0X0 design, albeit with SB Acoustics' SBTW29BNGW at the recent Australian Hi-FI Show held in Sydney

https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/features/771-australian-hi-fi-show-2023-part-1

View attachment 1171532

IIRC Alan used to hang around here as user BE718, (obviously a fan of the Usher BE718 speaker) but now he's started his own company, is he still around? Shout out and good luck Alan! Good on ya mate!
first time I read that the reason for the good sound is blamed on the room...

Reactions: 2 users
After some thinking regarding @tktran303 's remark i would say it is clarity that better describes i first experienced with accuton, and now expect to get a step-up with Purifi, be it not just midrange, also bass-range.

With clarity i mean the individual sounds have "space" between them (not sonically connected) and therefore especially close harmony sounds will sound more natural. The soundstage also but then more a physical width and depth and well defined perspective. Not just the individual instruments also the "sound" of the spaces in between. Do not know if i get my experience of clarity across.
The main reason i expect this is the focus of Purifi on reducing IMD as well as THD.

Reactions: 1 users
how is this wide dispersion possible that high in freq with a 1.3" driver?
yes it is also crazy. the answer is FEA driven shape optimisation of the waveguide with a ‘coherer’ (shape optimised objects that shapes the wavefront around the throat). We have a white paper coming online when the new web is updated on the DNS servers

Reactions: 3 users