Explendid amplifier designed by Michael Bittner, our MikeB

Negative.... i was already crazy before that.

Welcome Dave...you are a little bit crazy too...ahahaha!...join our club!

The Speaker, that was receiving full power, was in the next room, not to disturb, because too much loud!.... some small sample of audio, reduced in level by a series resistor, are returning to my monitor...so...distorting there, the next room...will be distorting here too..... there will have 90 Watts... and here not more than 10 watts!

Crazy yes!...deaf not!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• system to test.jpg
    system to test.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,071
Re: Re: Negative.... i was already crazy before that.

destroyer X said:
Welcome Dave...you are a little bit crazy too...ahahaha!...join our club!

The Speaker, that was receiving full power, was in the next room, not to disturb, because too much loud!.... some small sample of audio, reduced in level by a series resistor, are returning to my monitor...so...distorting there, the next room...will be distorting here too..... there will have 90 Watts... and here not more than 10 watts!

Crazy yes!...deaf not!

regards,

Carlos

why do you want to run such a long lenth of cable for the amplifiers.. ? why not have the amps in the same room as the speakers and source ?

planet10 said:

But i'm crazy without the imbalance of brain chemicals caused by the sweetner in Diet pop :)

dave

I agree. :D

Well, my English may be very bad, as you could not get the meaning

The speaker is closed inside the other room to avoid too much loud music to my ears.... the high power speaker...the one that is playing loud....having almost nothing of wire resistance...full undistorted power going to it...some peaks can distort a little depending the sound source.... 2 hours MP3 test CD running and producing source music to the amplifier.

It is operating near the maximum volume, the maximum possible volume without distortion, and this is too much loud to me, because i am not a powerholic, needing so big power only to provide you good schematic suggestion, as people normally loves power...i feel good with a couple of good and clean watts.

From the Speaker, that is reproducing a very loud music, with all confusions related the sound reflection in the room walls, floor and ceiling , i picked a reduced sample of audio, reducing it with a series resistor, and running the wire into the next room, where i have my monitor speaker.

The intention is to listen the amplifier quality, when driving hi power, without have all this sound pressure to my ears... and keeping, at same time, the correct load to the amplifier.

The speaker, in the another room, is the correct load for every amplifier, much less tolerant than a dummy load, and will produce EMF and all possible problems related speaker matching.

Not only the loudness of this sound will be avoided, also the temperature that will increase when hours operating inside a closed room, when my environment temperature is around 30 degrées centigrades, and the room reach 34 degrées after a couple of hours, because of the heatsinks and transformer are producing heat.

This room, the loud one, has the windows close, avoiding to disturb neighboors, as i live in one appartment.... the speaker that is receiving power is over a small foam cushion to avoid transfer vibrations to the floor, that corresponds to my neighboors ceiling.

Also i will have a identical sample of "what is going on" the next room...because if distort there, i will have sure that the distortion is because the system formed by "amplifier plus speaker" are not holding the power level....but in the monitor room...as the power is small, i will always sure that the distortion i will be hearing is not from my monitor speaker, as the power that is arriving into the monitor speaker is very small, so small that cannot distort as result of speaker overdrive..... avoiding the overdriven signals, i will be sure that the distortion is; amplifier plus speaker result.

This is the way i found, to check the amplifier, driving real load, in the distortion threshold, without be annoying and testing the unit hard.... this way guys, when i say that something is reliable, it means that passed this burn in testing...so.... guaranteed man!

I am very surprised that you could not understand the idea, despite my bad English, this is very obvious...so....i think you may be kidding.

I like that good mood you are showing...but are showing some small attention to my words too...as they are prytty groody Engrisher.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Re: Re: Re: Negative.... i was already crazy before that.

tlf9999 said:

because that is too simple of a solution?

I just cant fatham out why you would want to make a long interconnect and speaker wires ? the best way to get sound is to have the amps as close to the speakers as possible not further away... maybe im wrong but in any event id like to hear what more yu have to say ..

J'

Well Kanwar, it is good to see you here, you do not know how much.

A good friend, arriving , always produce some warm in our heart.

Monsieurs or Mr. Jleaman, Je ne sais pas...est votre langue le français?, ou est votre province.
Mr. Jleaman, i do not know if your language is french, were is your place in Canada?...French or English town?

Wire must be the short as possible to avoid resistance and capacitance, because the long run... two metal plates, even having an insulator, can have some picofarads each meter...i am using 5 meters... i think not so big length of cable...as i use a heavy gauge one...produced to automobile high power amplifers and speakers.

Yes, i can stay same room...but turn a little hot as time passes... i do not open windows not to disturb neighboors when listening music...also to avoid external noises coming in.

Also i could put the high power speaker turned into floor...but some vibration will reach neighboors.... also i can put it inside some closed...but doors will vibrate in some annoying way.... i have a confortable room and near it a small room that is not used...so.... i use to produce high levels of music there.

The use of a dummy load do not produce real results, as you already know, as you are a computer expert, so, the use of real speakers to have a real load is a need...to disturb the amplifier in the same sittuation it will be used daily...with speaker connected.

I think all doubts may have the end now...if someone already is alive, please, let me know.

This pretty yellow car in your Avatar...is this beauty your car?

regards,

Carlos

I have something to say, real and true conversation.

I have some words to say, and those are important , and more than that, beeing understood by my forum friends, will be much more important to me.

You see clearly that i have good friends, they are Hugh, Graham and Michael, those ones, that have amplifiers published on our forum.

Yes, you may say that i may be protecting them...because my friends, i will tell you that
Maybe i will be exagerating something..but were you find smoke you may find fire so, the biggest majority of things told, are deep and fair true, of course under my personal and subjective point of view, that can differ from others...but i ensure you that was not yesterday that i started with that amplifier research.... there are 45 years passed, and from 3700 to 4306 amplifiers, as i could have not the exact numbers...data was lost...old days we had not computers....only some Sinclair-Z80 or others a little bit better with enormous 16K of RAM memory.

Also i have more 27 friends, all them made here, in our forum, those ones are the ones that use to write to me and receive fast answers from me too.... that offered some virtual mailing friendship, that was accepted, and the return was always bigger than the friendship offered, as i am a little lonely, those stupid guys that need to have friends, and feel good to talk, to listen and to have some virtual social activity.

I use to repeat Hugh amplifier, Graham amplifier and Michael amplifier brands in our forum, and i do it repeatedly .... it is common not to tell about the good bass of A, without refer to other qualities from B and C...and this is done because i could feel that there are some “dark shadow guys ”...and those, because unhappy, and suffering hard problems in their lives i suppose, enter to produce some “life revenge”..... beeing described by me as someone that can think, deep in their soul, without knowing that clearly, as Psycho defense mechanisms do not let them know the truth of their action...what is moving them to do this or that...the real meaning of some actitude is:

- “I am suffering, so, you will suffer too!...you are happy.... as i am not, i hate you for that!..so..i will be watching you, searching for failures in your threads, putting you against te wall, discussing all your ideas, producing oposite arguments.... and those will be made not searching the true...will be made to hit the happy guys, to unstabilize, to block the thread rithm or to change the idea to some off topic to deviate thread to hell limbus...the big black hole of dark shadows sucking us to destruction.”

I imagine, as a possibility, that some guys had some intimate feelings, some things that move them to act as predators, and not knowing their reasons why...some sickness that need some Medical aid.

As a result of those things that are happening very constantly, as i am everyday writting things on our forum, to keep thread alive, waiting the owner have time and patience to come into the thread to answer doubts, to make their own defense, or to thanks the ones that let good messages...and those ones, more positive guys, are the biggest majority...but as you know...one bad apple inside a basket of apples, will ruin all those apples...as is very easy to break the harmony, turning our glad visit to forum something sometimes annoying and other moments very disgusting.... those bad influenced guys, detect easy when the “party is fine”....when “all guys happy”... and they enter the party to turn drunk fast...to produce agressions and to “vomit” over the party cake!

The reason i mention “all amplifier” i perceive as good ones, and i repeat in AKSA thread that SYMASSYM is another very good and GEM is other very good...is because if i say AKSA is wonderfull for trebles...the bad guys will run to ask:

_ “So, if you say that AKSA has good trebles, you are also telling that mids and bass are not good...... and GEM and SYMASSYM are worst too!”

So, those confusion, trouble creators, will have room to enter to divide us...not constructing nothing positive.

Repeating those brands do not means that i am their employee...that they are paying me to tell those things.... as no one is so dirty this way...this is not a paid publicity, ...this is something i do, referenced in my reasonable big experience with audio comparison, and to make justice, as they are the ones i respect, having thousands that i sent to junk all those 45 years burning my fingers with soldering iron.

-“Who am I to deer to talk so loud, with so big mouth?..... Not beeing and EE how can i enter to post my opinnion that nobody asked?”

I will answer:

“With the authority of someone that always worked with electronics, for 45 years long, having worked to the main Broadcasting Television Network in this country, a whole country channel that can produce as good, and sometimes better...much better, than CNN and other U.S main stations.... so good as Italian Network and matching the famous Deutschwelle”

With the knowledge obtained burning money buying all equipment brands to analise them... 2 units each month bougth every year.. and along 21 years, ...make your own calculations...see the result...those are the ones i bougth only!...

When i stopped to burn my money..... i had a place where i used to bougth used amplifiers .... i took them to my home, and i returned them to the shop making negociations to replace it for another..always paying for this kind of “rental”...... in the last years i was doing that... around 1983, I was already repairing the units for them...this way, i turn from customer into their repair man.... analisis turn more easy...and experience was increased.

In the Television Station i entered as a candidate under test.....I had the time limit of 7 seconds to replace enormous Video Tape, and adjust a slow responsive Ampex Video tape machine... joining images into the air...without the aid of computer...when the last 8 seconds mark of advertizing number one flash a lamp in my operational post..i had to fast switch machine to “on”, and help with my hands to acelerate the tape transport to reproduce stable image into the air..using tricks to brake and release tape wells and finger head tip cleaning.... enormous RPM routating magnetic heads.......replacing tapes fast and adjusting equalization as fast as possible..... i jumped to Edition Operation, to Master Controller and to The main Enginnering Area Superviser...and do not think that I am worst than your own professionals...as we are better i some aspect...because we know everything, having the capacity to substitute every professional, from the Operation to the Maintenance and Laboratory works.... entering a Broadcasting Station, i can do all the works, from the cleaning to the General direction, from the dessoldering boards to the repair and step by step alignment procedure for audio and Video and going into Transmission. Power Equipment maintenance and operation.
I have constructed two entire Television Stations...from the ground to the Enginnering design, helped by and construction EE..we were together from the first sketch, to the global design, my responsability was each screw, each cable, each plug, to install and operate, each double wall to produce acoustic isolation...each rubber cushion under the audio cabinets...from the decisions where to put every equipment, the tables designs, the cables conduct, the ground bars interconnection, the ground treatment to good earth condution.... the complete station grounding...the faraday protection agains Radio frequency and all cares needed.

Even the air conditioned design was made to obtain low noise blow of air , having to blow into the machines.... crossing descending flux of air.... to create the stuff, to select and produce operational trainment to operators, to produce the written material, to translate into portuguese all Manuals, and to repair the Video Equipments.

Also i was indicate as the “multiplier” of know how obtained in foreign countries, having studies made in USA and JAPAN....were i had intensive trainment.... returning Brazil i produced a school to multiply the informs i have received.... as my obligation to the Industrial Trainment Comittée

My end of carrier was Working for Sony Broadcasting – International Video Division, having the responsability of half my country, that means a good part of Europe in size, a land that can have many European Countries inside...was me together the God’s good company...had to travell whole country each 50 days! ...i had my bum impressed in the Brazilian Airplane sits....as they are not more than thousand.

So..... as much as you can think i am an idiot.... i ensure you that i am not, but i use to be a clown for all of you, to keep threads funny and alive, helping friends to have time to enter.

My forum activity will be reduced...they are winning, i am turning myself tired of jellows, bad educated,agressions, bad intentions, foolishes and other tricks used to divide!...to confuse!... to broke harmony...as my activity is turning less nice very fast, because those last monthes i have enormous forum activity...and beeing big the activity, big is also the problems faced...there are a lot of good intentioned people, asking, discussing and not agreeing with this or that...but there are others that are clear entering...all threads!...to confuse..to create problems, to say that do not believe...that do not agreee..that do not buy that idea...and those agressive things.

to be continued next thread......

Carlos

Attachments

• nissan.jpg
    nissan.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,009
Ending the important things to say...

The moderators are very tollerant...and they are democratic, tollerating the ones they like, and tollerating the bag guys too...some of them made intervenctions....some interfere to produce a better forum, others use the tollerance waiting to see things adjusted by itselves.... as i think they were to fast in the use of “justice gun trigger” in the past, and now, they seems to have extreme care to be fair...this is good!

I have to say, that i do not think i am better than forum guys!...no chance to match John Curl....no chance to touch Pass, to discuss with Hugh, to compete with Graham or to polish the shoes or Michael, of Jan Dupont and many others deeply skilled....but also i do not think that i am so bad skilled not to post my ideas clearly.

To the ones that has good feelings inside their hearts.... my excuses to open my heart this way causing you some deception.... to the ones that are bad and winners!..... i hope you all perceive, that you can make friends here, to have the peace you could not find in your non virtual life, and go slowly, changing actitude, beeing more friendly.

Regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 40 anos.jpg
    40 anos.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,103
Guten Morgen Carlos !

Thanks for caring, the worst is over with the work, now i am terribly tired...
Just received the sample-DVDs from Sonopress, everything is fine !

I tried hunting down the distortions in the right channel, but all i achieved yet
is lowering the distortions in the left channel (the functional) by 15db
(now ~0.002%, <-90db, matches nearly sims), by adding a single GND-wire,
just as bocka suggested... :scratch:
I already replaced 50% of the parts in the right channel, no change yet...
I am really curious which single damn part causes that !

Mike

Bocka was very helpfull saying that enormous distortion..hehe..you know what i think

About how annoying those things could be.

My dear Michael, your amplifiers is not only wonderfull....it is also Guaranteed and more than that.... twice guaranteed, as passed in the terrible burn in testing made rigth now.

I am using 47 Volts in the place of the 36 normal volts...hehe...and observe the attached sketch to see the crazy load i prepared to it.

It passed in this test.... wunderbach..... so good as Merkel..your future Chanceller!

This amplifier can turn even tlf9999, with all his bad mood, happy as a kid that receive his first bicicle!

You know Michael, now i love TLF9999, this way i will let him to be treated in the last position...ahahahahaha!

Give a read.... see how this amplifier could hold....more than reliable and guaranteed....it is a "hard to kill" amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hiper guaranteed!.jpg
    hiper guaranteed!.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,054
The difference is: the time people lost discussing, Germans work hard!

So amplifier is strong and well made....a Panzer Amplifier!

here is the coil...poor coil...and the electrolitic...poor devil.

The amplifier is playing and smilling to me.

More than Guaranteed, it is reliable, and a happy unit!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hehe.jpg
    hehe.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,016
That's it!...virtually, this one will not disturb anymore, and real world already

neutralised!

Karachó

Russians knows things clearly.....

There are also people that you cannot hit their heads, as brain fluid may leak...and i am sure smell very bad..... so.... do you already what their brain is made for.

But those are exceptions.... in our forum only three leaking at the moment..their lives in the forum use to be small..never more than 3 monthes and the forum people kick them out....having not room to be boering, they return to hell.

regards,

Carlos

New measurement made under 47.5 volts shown bigger power.

You can see in this image that a warble sound effect, centered in 20 hertz almost transform my Brazilian made Selenium 10 inches woofer in a bullet!

It is not an acoustic suspension unit (distort a little bit less!)...and you can see the strecthing result of enormous compliance, measured 10 milimeters plus and 10 milimeters negative movement!

The picture was made when Scope was measuring 256 watts RMS without clipping over 4 ohms!

This is Symassym.... Powerfull, Reliable, cheap to construct and producing a very nice sound.

And better than that....it is "Guaranteed"..... satisfaction "Guaranteed" or your speaker inside the garbage can!.

A German product.... the one Arbeite hard...from 5 to midnigth!.... the King of Germany.... Herr Michael Von Gutersloh!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• photo003.jpg
    photo003.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 904
Input transistors substituted for bigger gain BC546 transistors.

Also the voltage amplifiers transistors where substituted by higher gain units...output are Sankens and no emitter resistor!

The generator, for warble, was this one, a good virtual generator.

This generator was found in the web, and together i could free download also one virtual Wave form Monitor (not good enougth) and a distortion analiser.... the Audio Generator size is 4.3 Megabytes and need Winrar program.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• generator.jpg
    generator.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 939
Amps complete (almost)

I was away for a couple of weeks, so the remaining bits from Digikey were waiting when I returned. I completed both channels, except for the final chassis construction. I'm running 35V on the rails with 250VA transformers, a single 25amp bridge per channel, 24mF main caps (one per rail). The amps are built to the schematic, except that the feedback cap is 1000uf and the input cap is 20uf.

I hooked them up to my main speakers and listened for a while. Couldn't go too loud for too long, as I have only the back plate as shown earlier for heat sinking. When the chassis is finished, the sink area will be essentially the entire chassis.

With just a brief test, I'd have to say that they sound very fine indeed. Neutral tonal balance with no weak spots I could detect. Solid powerful presentation. I'll try more tunes later with songs that image well to get a sense of that, but it seems very good on the only CD I tried. Very nice effort Mike thanks. And Carlos, big Daddy, I think there is no risk that you will have to change your name. Certainly I will not be asking to remit the guarantee. You were right about the treble, too. It's very clean and clear. I'll post some pics when I get the chassis finished (later this week).

Sheldon