Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

need help

JUST HAVE A LOOK OF MY CONSTRUCTED CORNU VIDEO AND IMAGE .

1) YouTube
2) YouTube

I am interested to finish a complete commercial product, A CORNU SERIES.
For this, i need a complete speaker testing room and software to check performance mathematically. Had anyone tried the same with then fanatics ?

i am planning to construct Accoustic Diffuser and Absorber.
as below :

Acoustic Diffuser Made Out Wooden Tinder Stock Photo 373867489 - Shutterstock

http://www.soundservice.co.uk/images/eggboxfoam1.jpg

please help.

Just a couple of things. We are making Cornucopya's. These are copies of a patented design. I have a feeling you might want to research before doing anything more. Here is a link.

Impressum

Secondly, when constructing the spirals, you may find it easier to start each horn as you go around rather than one horn vein at a time. (see photo) I found it was much easier that way. Other than that, nice to see the work you are putting into these.

Attachments

• DSC00596.jpg
    DSC00596.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 456
I went looking for a 36" slide cutter to make things nice and square on the foam. Found one - only $949.00.
Went home and decided to bang together a jig. Took a while to cut the foam but the result was worth it. It's as clean if not better than the factory edge.

All 92' of the horn veins are ready and the pattern is taped together. Holy bejeezuz that's a big speaker. The pattern in the center is your standard 8x11 sheet.

I'll get the wood on the next non-rainy day.

Attachments

• IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 414
Just a couple of things. We are making Cornucopya's. These are copies of a patented design. I have a feeling you might want to research before doing anything more. Here is a link.

Impressum

Secondly, when constructing the spirals, you may find it easier to start each horn as you go around rather than one horn vein at a time. (see photo) I found it was much easier that way. Other than that, nice to see the work you are putting into these.
Great Help Cal........

It means other than cornu.de, no one can manufacture them ?
Cornu is a mathematical design, than how it could be patented ?

Its like some one is doing patent for rectangular box ..........

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
One can make DIY cornu horns all you want. Just can’t sell it commercially. The design is not just a mathematical function like “a box”. It’s a special one chamber to four horns with two lengths of horns and horn mouths occupy entire periphery for one of the largest throat to mouth expansion ratios in a BLH in such a compact speaker. The efficiency is very high, hence the bass is full, deep and loud.