Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

Hi Guys,
Last picture before gluing ...

The front looks like the practice wall of a knife thrower ...
But do not worry, the threaded rods are sawn off again after sizing and pressing.

D.W.

Attachments

• Front Test.JPG
    Front Test.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 388
Need Proper Gluing

Hi Friends, Since been following all great threads of great minds.
Gave a try to my self, to come out of audiophile category to audio creator category. Just prepared a cornu for myself.

Problem i am facing here is that how to glue wooden spiral edges to back wooden ply sheet ? any leakage will spoil all efforts ?

i am using Audio Labs 4 inch driver, along with the combination of fountek ribben twitter.

Fountek Ribben Twitter : RD1.0
Audio Labs Full Range Speaker : 2PCS Audio Labs High Quality 4inch Full Range/Full Frequency Speaker Driver Unit Shielded Paper Cone Aluminum Bullet 4/8ohm 25W -in Speaker Accessories from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Along with a ceramic capacitor of 4.7 uF for high frequency pass.

I am also interested to know quantity and positioning of accoustic wool, if in case to be used to enhance performance.

Then you won’t be using the front output at all, possibly worth exploring burying it into the box,

What I am thinking at this point is to build a shallow open-backed box to place over the woofer opening. That box would contain all the drivers and would have an angled baffle to allow for toe in or out, or even up and down depending where on the wall they were placed.

That or just place it back firing on the wall and add a satellite system.

Just at the thinking stage right now but I am going for a drive and if I happen to come home with a box of foam core... :)

Problem i am facing here is that how to glue wooden spiral edges to back wooden ply sheet ? any leakage will spoil all efforts ?
There are a number of different ways that have been succesful. Have you had a chance to read through yet?
i am using Audio Labs 4 inch driver, along with the combination of fountek ribben twitter.
May not need the tweeter.
Along with a ceramic capacitor of 4.7 uF for high frequency pass.
Too big. I am think be tween 2.2 and 1.0 µfd will eliminate more overlap. You might also need a resistor or L-Pad in there.
I am also interested to know quantity and positioning of accoustic wool, if in case to be used to enhance performance.
This is trial and error. No way around it. I use mineral wool, others use things like polyester, felt or WHY. I have always found that filling the compression chamber behind the driver and adding into the horn throat as needed from there works best.

Good luck

There are a number of different ways that have been succesful. Have you had a chance to read through yet?

May not need the tweeter.

Too big. I am think be tween 2.2 and 1.0 µfd will eliminate more overlap. You might also need a resistor or L-Pad in there.

This is trial and error. No way around it. I use mineral wool, others use things like polyester, felt or WHY. I have always found that filling the compression chamber behind the driver and adding into the horn throat as needed from there works best.

Good luck
MANY THANKS CAL.
I AM YOUR BIG FAN.