Eight JBL Dual 15" In One Room

Finally getting primer on the first four JBL's.

20240316_130602.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
You can't play 1812 Overture with 40-50hz bass bins.You need a SUBwoofer!
"Sub" in the context of woofers means "below" or "under", rather than a specific frequency.

You can play a CD of 1812 Overture with bass reflex cabinets with a 41Hz Fb, but if not high passed, the ~8Hz fundamental frequency of the overdubbed cannon shots will make the woofers flap out of phase with the port output, so they will make wind noise rather than the lowest "boom".

That said, there is plenty of upper frequency "boom" in a cannon shot that can make your pants legs flap at 40-50Hz.

Uh, pics of the finished enclosures???

Just think, audiophiles build 40-50hz bass bins. You can't play 1812 Overture with 40-50hz bass bins. You need a SUBwoofer!

Basshead 4 LIFE!
When you wrote this, I didn't have any finished cabinets done. I had 4 unfinished cabinets at the time behind my couch.

I still have 5 subwoofers in this room and once done will have 16 of these 15" JBL woofers in addition.

Reactions: 1 user
"Sub" in the context of woofers means "below" or "under", rather than a specific frequency.

You can play a CD of 1812 Overture with bass reflex cabinets with a 41Hz Fb, but if not high passed, the ~8Hz fundamental frequency of the overdubbed cannon shots will make the woofers flap out of phase with the port output, so they will make wind noise rather than the lowest "boom".

That said, there is plenty of upper frequency "boom" in a cannon shot that can make your pants legs flap at 40-50Hz.

Would you build a 74hz (other than BP4) enclosure and expect to see a 41hz fundamental frequency???

Lol yeah probably, I think those guys are serious about getting high output low distortion down to something below 20 Hz. I am not innocent, I have 4 18"s, in my current system plan, sealed, but we will
See if it stays that way 😁

From all of my studies I honestly would like to see a minimum of 2mm excursion at transient peak spl. This has nothing to do with wanting to play to 10hz and everything to do with staying extremely linear for accuracy sake?

Last edited: