Ebay cheap TDA7498 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can't edit above, but the board does NOT make noise when my source (pioneer vsx receiver) is disconnected.

In looking at the "manual" on eBay, it looks like it was shipped in the high gain setting so I will change that.

It also looks like polarity on the left speaker might be reversed so I'm going to read through this thread again for proper polarity :)

Last edited:
Afterlife2,

That's a good find. No pics of the setup. Nothing much to really show. I hacked the end off of an old dell laptop charger and connected to a proper fitting barrel connector with a pair of barrier strips. The unit is just sitting on top of the receiver :). It's just a temporary setup until we get back to the USA and I have access to my tools, vendors, etc.

I'm using two of these boards to power mid-bass in an active PA setup (each board powers 4 x 6.5" midbass drivers). The fan only activates when the amp is driven hard so I never hear them. These boards are very powerful and clean. I did have to remove the volume pot because I found that it introduced noise into the circuit (especially when not on max). Apart from that, no complaints.

I'm using this board below 2.8kHz so I can't comment on how they sound with highs.

ActiveFR.jpg

I'm powering them with this 350W smps.

Regards

Last edited:
I am playing with some of the cheap class D boards one can buy on Ebay. I just received a TDA7498 board Saturday. Not bad, not bad at all. Very nice vocals, which really surprised me. Strong bass with my horns. Somewhat thin sounding compared to better amps but better than can you expect for only $14 shipped. In a pinch I could live with this sound.

I'm using two of these boards to power mid-bass in an active PA setup (each board powers 4 x 6.5" midbass drivers). The fan only activates when the amp is driven hard so I never hear them. These boards are very powerful and clean. I did have to remove the volume pot because I found that it introduced noise into the circuit (especially when not on max). Apart from that, no complaints.

I'm using this board below 2.8kHz so I can't comment on how they sound with highs.

ActiveFR.jpg

I'm powering them with this 350W smps.

Regards

Thanks for sharing that.
I was waiting for somebody to report about that board.
Your setup looks interesting.
I see something that looks like an active x-o, another 7498 board, some more pcb...
Would you mind to share a little bit more info and maybe pics?

Excuse me for the slightly cynical tone. I attached a picture what I mean with "open" PSU. Please note that the case and the PSU should be connected to PE but the subchassis and all connectors (except for the PE connection of the mains connector !!) should be floating. No ground loops this way and your device will be safe of everyone that uses it. As usual I mention that UK electro fundamentalists also want to connect any metal part to PE but I don't do that as I don't like ground loops and hum. In general I keep audio GND and PE separated but with the power amp I "lift" the audio GND to PE (all other devices will be connected to audio GND by their RCA plugs GND).

Please pardon my silliness....
What is the “PE” in "...I keep audio GND and PE separated but with the power amp I "lift" the audio GND to PE..."

Thanks.

Hi
I have been looking for a power amp saw some class d amps and discovered this longish thread. Long story made short, I think I could use one of the many-many amps mentioned here.
But, I would like to be able to run some low wattage inputs so what about a preamp (with a headphone out connection), does anyone know of a suitable preamp to go with one of these;
4 X 100 Watt 6 Ohm Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TDA7498 4CH 100W Power hifi | eBay

TDA7498 100W 100W 2 Channel Stereo Digital Power Amplifier Board DC 15 34V P1VX | eBay

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/TDA7...-digital-amplifier-power-new/32707052980.html

Thanks.

The second board is the obvious choice.

I spottet this board on ali, which seems to be the cheapest 7498E board atm.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TDA...56.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.312.CPNssS
I don't know how good this kind of inductors are.
There is no cap array which seems to be a benefit of the sanwu boards.
Otherwise the overall layout seems tight.

And here is the best price so far the red sanwu 7498E board:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...71.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.305.CPNssS

Status
Not open for further replies.